Blazer 1982 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/16/2003 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Ibanez: Blazer 1982
21 Frets, 3 single coil deep lead Ibanez pickups.
 9.2
 9.6
 8.8
 14,574
review (1) 16 comments vote for this gear:
Blazer 1982 Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 16, 2003

Features: 1982 Ibanez Blazer, made in Japan, 21 Frets, 3 single coil deep lead Ibanez pickups. Bought second hand so nothing came with it. Finished in sky blue with more dings than a mo-fo. // 8

Sound: I love this guitar. If it was a woman I'd marry it, or if it was a Man and I was a Woman, I'd marry it, or if I was a guitar and I found a minister who performed guitar/guitar weddings, I'd marry it. It has all the crunch of a metal guitar cleverly fused with the bridgy 'bling' of a les paul. It has the mellowed out sound with a gritty edge which I can't explain. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well I cant complain, new strings and I was away, stick it through my Zoom 505 and my shitty amp and it flys. Even makes me forget about the amp. This guitar (fair enough is a copy of a Strat) but is miles better. Looks the same but with little classy touches like the body coloured head-stock and the gold hardware. This guitar was born to win. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'd play it live, play it in a recording and bum it if I could. I will die before I see another mortal touching it. I know it was meant as a practice guitar, but I think the japanese guy who made this one tried extra hard. Yes its dinged but most things do with too much love. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 4 years now, mostly acoustic but this wasn't my first electric. I've played my friends gibsons and les pauls and even a burns Brian May more times than I can count, and I wouldnt trade them all for my Blazer. This bad boy will be my childrens inheritance unless, with modern technology, they could make a test tube baby from me and the Blazer, so we can rock forever. // 10

Comments