DMM1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DMM1

Purchased from: Allan's Music

I play 'loose' Alternate post-grunge metal. Much like System Of A Down. Thus, this guitar was pretty damn perfect. It's loud, this baby packs some serious punch. Also, it's perfect for playing the self-titled album and Toxicity, because this guitar is not very bassy. I found this okay, however I'm sure it irritated some. Compared to my Ibanez JTK1, this guitar has less bass and more treble to it. Still, borderline flawless.

For anyone Who plays Drop songs (System Of A Down, Breaking Benjamin, etc) this guitar is perfect. The sound is brilliant if you play with midi's or a bassist, and it's so sturdy you could have swordfights with it. This is a rare, well-made, kickass guitar, and if it was commercially available, I would certainly reccomend it.

Okay, were it not for the fact that scratching the one-of-a-kind paintjob would ruin the guitar, this thing is indestructable. Seriously. You could go snowboarding on one of these. I play the hell out of it, and it never seems to get any wear or tear. Flawless, if you care not for the paintjob.

I would not be suprised if 100% of the people Who bought this guitar were System fans. Thus, they would play System, ergo, play in Drop C. The object here is strings. Now, most people play electric guitars with 9's. I used to play 10's. However, most people Who know what they're doing will say it's smartest to use 12's when playing Drop C. Restringing it the moment I got it just annoyed me. The action was fairly low, which made palm-muting a pain, because when coupled with the fact that the guitar's pickups are slightly 'buldgy' and jut out of the guitar, palm-muting can result in the strings hitting the actual pickup. Not that great. So, I reccomend raising the action slightly. Otherwise, fine.

Daron Malakian released the limited edition Ibanez DMM1 in 2004. It truly is a hell of a guitar, and I feel proud to be one of the 300 people WORLDWIDE Who own one. It is just like a System Of A Down guitar should be. It's based on the Ibanez Iceman ICX. The DMM1 has 22 frets, it's own limited edition graphic designed by Vartan Malakian (the man Who donated the ART for the hypnotize/mesmerize albums), 4 controls (2 volume, 1 tone and 1 for balance) and uses an IBZ Axis AH3 for it's neck pickup and an IBZ Axis AH4 for its bridge pickup. And all the fun of unbeatable chrome hardware. However, no guitar is absoloutly perfect. While this guitar does seem fairly great, if you were to hold the guitar to your face, you can see the pixels from the artwork. Still, no big problem. I found that this problem doesn't occur to anyone over a foot away. ALO, it has no pickup selector. I didn't like this feature, though I know some that would not really care. Made in Korea.

qotsa1998
    daos_soad
    oh and, too bad they dont have the pic for the back of it looks soo freaking awesome.
    Jaye-BirD
    Im selling mine number 213/300 a couple dings. Pictures on request. Email Play-some-music@hotmail.com for questions.
    Tummaenkeli
    Kalas : dude you don't eve nown the guitar and are totally biased, how can you write a review? much less one that appears on the front page. Okay then. What am I looking at right now? And imitation dmm1? Fuckstick.
    Mopetshow
    I have the number 121/300 and sounds sick! LOVE IT AND I WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT FOR A LOOOOONG TIME!!!
    System15
    I actually have this guitar and I'm planning on selling it. Number 24/300 made. I've got the hardshell case as well. Email me at jas5343@psu.edu for details.
    Kalas
    guitarguyryan94
    qotsa1998 wrote: wow thats awesome. too bad it isnt based on the actual Iceman guitar he played. And FIRST!
    I completely agree. I wish they had used the same paint job on an actual Iceman.