DT200 Destroyer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DT200 Destroyer

Purchased from: Ebay

My music style varies. My main style is metal. Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and Van Halen. I also play Hardcore metal like Trivium and Bullet for My valentine, Blues like Jimi Hendrix and Dire Straits and also some Punk Pop like Rise Against and MCR. This guitar fits the metal genre like a dream. Perfect match with sound aswell as looks. Big fans may know that Adrian Smith and Dave Murray (Iron Maiden), Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen) and Steve Clark (Def Leppard) all played the destroyer at some point in their career which is where this guitar has got it's good reputation from. My set-up is - Ibanez DT-200 -> Boss MT-2 -> Morley Power Wah -> Marshall MG100DFX. This is my set up for Gigs and I love it. The guitar is silent in gig as you'd expect a guitar to be. You only get noise when your playing near a computer but that's the same as all guitars. This guitar produces a Rich and full sound which is perfect for hard rock and also produces an amazing clean tone. Due to the lack of tremelo on this guitar (from factory) you don't have access to dive bombs and dips but I think the great sound that comes from this guitar is because of the extra body still in the guitar because of the BR-EG bridge. Of course you can get one fitted, for a price, but I bet you would lose a lot of the guitars tone from it. The pickups are extremely good. I have no need to change them.

As I said, I play metal and this guitar is best match I've got to it. I've been playing for almost 2 years and I own 3 guitars, 3 amps, a multi-fX unit and 2 distortion pedals. If this guitar was stolen I would be gutted. I would definately try and pick me up another one aswell. I love the sound. It's amazing. Full and rich and perfect for my style. I miss not having a tremelo but the sound makes up for it. I compared this to the Gibson Explorer and the Ibanez RG series. This came out on top due to it's looks, sound and the neck. The neck is amazing. Great feel and nice and thin. A Great buy and a bargain to say how cheap I got it. I'm in the UK and bought this off eBay.com so I get it at like half price.

I only got this guitar 11 days ago (seems much longer). I've already played with it Live and there was no problems at all. The hardware is solid so I have No Doubt that it will last. The strap buttons are solid. I can definately depend on it. The finish is thick and aslong as you polish and clean it, it should last for until your done with this guitar in many years to come.

This guitar is used but it has been refurbished. Sent back to Ibanez. It's had totally new fret wires put in. New pickups. IAt's been refinsihed aswell as having new hardware put on it. It has had a complete set up there too. The action is great. Not too low and not too high so it's great for lead playing. The pickups are well adjusted as you'd expect. The only problem with this guitar is the jack. It comes loose every so often. So I'm keeping an eye on it.

Hanger 17
    I would like one of these though i cant seem to find it on the Ibanez website, and i didnt think they made them anymore...aparently they do