DT200 Destroyer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: DT200 Destroyer

Purchased from: Grandma's Music And Sound

I put a set of Zach Wylde Custom electric strings on it, with a small amount of filing on the nut I was able to fit the huge E string in with the others. I played a lot of heavier music such as As I Lay Dying and evergreen terrace, it worked perfectly for me. Long sustains and deep basses. With the Line 6 amp of my friends there was no stoping the quality of this guitar.

This guitar could be matched to any kind of playing style, easily adjusted and suited to any need. Blues, heavy metal, fast paced soloing can be achieved in minutes with the right strings. There is no replacement for this guitar, I have been unable to locate it since I handed it down to a good friend of mine before joining the army in 2006. I wish I had never parted with it. Amazing instrument in all aspects, and if you can find one, I would advise purchasing it, you wont be dissapointed.

You could kill an African Bull Elephant with this guitar, it is a sold piece of engineering. Beautifully selected hardwood and solid hardware piece this beast together. Once stripped down to the wood before painting I had looked for any kinds of flaws in the wood, knots, wood filler and any imperfections I could locate. None were found. Excellent woods, excellent hardware and craftsmanship are evident on this guitar without even playing it.

Perfect, no other words could describe the finish. I had grown tired of the color and stripped the paint off in place of a gloss white with blood red splatter across the pickups. The amount of clearcoat put on that guitar is ridiculious, it took hours of sanding just to get to the paint. The action is easily adjusted much like any guitars, but it was only needed once to fit the large gauge stings.

I bought this guitar back in 2003, looking for a nice solid platform to expand from. The mohagony body was a little bit heavier than I was looking for but the sound quality far outweighs the weight. I had bought the Black metallic flake paint with gold plated hardware, absolutely gorgeous. The ivory inlaid maple fretboard was absolutely beautiful and hadn't expected that kind of quality from a guitar of that price. Ibanez has done well with this one, bringing together beauty and functionality in a guitar.

goblin_king14
    Oh wow. I just submitted a review for this guitar ten minutes ago. I decided to come read the reviews that were already posted. I started reading the featured review and thought, "This person writes like I do..." Turns out it WAS me. I had forgotten I posted it. But that review was also 3 years ago, so my new review should be useful nonetheless.