EDR470EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: EDR470EX

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

You can achieve many different styles from this guitar. As I mostly play punk and metal, it suits these two perectly, with fantastic rhythm tones and an excellent lead tone with the neck pickup. My amp is an 80watt Marshall and with this I can achieve a perfect amount of distortion, and a beautiful clean sound with the help of that middle pickup.

This is my 5th guitar and easily the best of them. It really suits my punk/metal styles well and it's an invaluable guitar to me. That's all I have to say. Try it out - you won't be disappointed.

Strap buttons it says here ZYABLA^HUYABLA Ok yeah the strap buttons could do with replacing although the design of them is solid so if I could get metal versions of them that'd be great. The hardware will eaily last and the locking nut will keep it in tune. There are a few peple who have said in other reviews that the tremelo bar can't take much abuse before detuning but so far it's never gone out of tune since I got it.

It actually was delivered to me perfectly set up, I ust needed to scrwe on a strap knob thingy. Beautiful bodied guitar, the smoke green finish I got is incredible and the curves of the ergodyne shape are too.

Made in Korea, this 22 fret Ibanez guitar is something I'd wanted since I saw it in a shop near me for 480 last year. The smooth curved luthite body was incredibly attractive and the custom emg pickups were something that really drew me to it. I've even staretd using the floyd rose since buying this. The nexk is very thin and can be used really fast. The only bad thing about the features over all is that the strap knobs are made from plastic, and although the design is really secure... I always feel like they'd snap. Also the single coil pickup in the middle isn't as useful as I expected,and I only use the humbuckers on distortion and the single/bridge humbucker for clean.