EDR470EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: EDR470EX

I play almost anything and everything, from Nirvana and Metallica to blues licks and beyond and this guitar suits everything - even sounds good through my useless BB blaster amp. Tone dials give a wide range of brightness which allows for flexable tone shaping.

I love the look of this guitar, I got it in that wierd sparkly silver colour which is really durable and looks georgeous. I had the choice between this and a jagstang and I went for this because it had just been reduce to 300 from 450 which was the clincher and I've never looked back. I'd definately buy this again, its a beast - looks damn good with a really long strap, not sure why, it just looks so damn good. Had it set up with ernie ball super slinkies which was a great idea - match made in heaven. If I was you I'd buy one right now.

The finish is impeccable, worlds apart from my last guitar - which was a cheap Strat copy so thats not much of an advert, but very very nice. Some people say that the middle pickup gets in the way of picking, but after playing for 10 mins your style adjusts naturally to stop getting hung up. The action is set nice and low but the bottom E did start to buzz - needless to say that a truss rod adjustment will fix that but I havent had the time.