EX160 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: EX160

Purchased from: TMG

I play anything from blues to country to jazz to death metal, it sounds great for all of these styles. I use a 20 year old Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah, and a 120 watt crate cab and a nice Line 6 head. Very rich and fat sound on the humbucker, and the middle pickup has very good highs but it still doesn't squeal or hurt your ears. I love the sound, it was my first guitar, I work in a music store and I'd prefer it over any Strat I've ever played.

I've been playing every day for a couple of hours for 2 years now and its by far my favourite guitar, I would be devistated if it were stolen, I compare it to the '67 Strat Reissue in the store I work at and this little axe blows it out of the water. I wish it had locking tuners or a floydd rose but dont we all? It's a great guitar. Great guitar for the price.

I gig with this guitar, I don't use the bridge pickup alone though. Everything's good here.

Action is amazing. So low but still no buzz (anywhere), incredibly flat neck, I like the wood, no flaws in the finish, volume is a little scratchy but its nothing a little wd-40 didn't fix. The little black piece on the pickup selector liked to pop off but super glue works great.

This guitar was made in 1993 in Korea, 22 frets, 1 volume, 3 pickups, 5-way selector, and one tone knob. S/S/H Ibanez pickups, maple neck & rosewood fretboard w/jumbo frets. Nice black finish, Strat style body and bridge, OK tuners. Came with a gig bag, strap, cable and a truss rod adjuster.