EX160 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Ibanez: EX160

Purchased from: ebay

The sound on this guitar has a wide variety. Can be played bassy or bright. Great for hard punk and grunge songs. Not as good for classic rock and blues however.

I play all styles of music and this guitar fits the best with the '90s alternative and grunge styles. I'm looking towards getting another guitar for classic rock and bluesy songs most likely a Les Paul. In short this guitar sounds good after you fix up the small things.

I took the knobs off so they would stop falling off while playing. Other than that after I fixed it up it wasn't as bad. The knobs and selectors are noisy when bumped but it's rare someone swithces the knobs or pickup mid song. I do use it without a backup because I have no backup but if I had another guitar this would be my backup.

I do not now how well it was out of factory but used it was terrible. The finish scratches easy, the knobs and swithes aew noisy, and the bridge was completely wrecked. However I bought it for $70 off ebay so that probably doesn't help.

This guitar is a solid body with a S/S/H combination. I got it used in terrible condition but after adjusting the Tune-O-Matic bridge, redoing some wiring, and replacing one of the tuners it was good. The stock pickups are pretty nice. There is a 5-way selector and 1 tone knob and 1 volume knob. The knobs making buzzing noises when bumped while playing which is annoying.

geluidsterroris
    scalemaster wrote: bulletbass man, your EX160 does not have a tune-o-matic bridge.
    Stupid review, bulletbassman
    Mr Pringle
    this was my first guitar until today when i got a Les Paul 100 epiphone today so happy i really felt like smashing this guitar to pieces.
    icpgettozone
    epiphone lp 100's suck i just got one and its got all new electronics yay it woops ass on any lp 100
    icpgettozone
    woops i mean i bought a ex 160 from onna my friends deffentley owns any stock les paul 100