EX370 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: EX370

My music style ranges from acoustic to blue to punk to metal to country. I would happily say that this guitar can easily pull off any genre. I'm using it through a Behringer V-Amp 2, and it sounds awesome. The only noise I get is single coil hum, and sometimes when I turn the tone control up to it's fullest (only at certain times, something with my house electrics). This guitar can make a wide variety of sounds, mostly down to it's floyd rose. Excellent for harmonic dive bombs, scoops and other whammy tricks. I can get a Steve Vai tone by selecting the bridge and turning the tone all the way up (harmonics ring out the clearest here). just listen to bad horsie, if you want to listen to what it can produce tone-wise.

My overall impression of this guitar is fantastic. a lot of guitar company's now are producing low end guitars not comparable to what they were making 10 years ago. I've been playing about a year and a half, and I believe I've learnt a lot (both from this site, and other guitar players). The reason I bought this is because it had everything I could want. Tonal versatility, a floyd rose, 22 frets, low action. An absolute dream. If it were stolen /lost, I would definitely try to track down another one. I've compared this guitar to a Jackson RR, a Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty (which had been heavily customized) and a Fender Standard Strat. It is easily on par with these guitars. I dislike very very very few things about this guitar. My only bad point is that it could do with another 2 frets. and that's it. I have been extremely lucky in finding this guitar in the state I did. it's been professionally set up and looked after. I know we aren't supposed to post 'glowing reviews', but I really, really cannot find a downside to this purchase.

This guitar would definitely withstand live playing. It seems incredibly durable, (like I said, it looks like it was made yesterday). The strap buttons are solid and don't budge a millimeter. I wouldn't play this at a gig without a backup, but then again, I wouldn't play any gig without a backup. And even then, I probably wouldn't use this guitar, I value it so much.

The action is low as you could want it, and very useful for fast playing. As for the finish. This guitar looks amazing. the red body and gold hardware look like they just came out the factory, and this guitar is around 17 years old! I only have to rub the body clean once, and I can see my reflection. Absolutely stunning. The pickups were well set up. The only modification I made was to raise the bridge humbucker (much to my regret. When I next tried upwards whammy movement, the strings hit it. I instantly changed it back). these guitars have been around a long time, so if you find one used, in as good quality as mine, chances are it's been loved, and well looked after.

I think this guitar is from the early '90s/late '80s era (it's as old as I am). I researched it soon after I bought it, having found little information on the Ibanez website. It turns out the EX's were the forerunners to the RG, quality, affordable guitars for the Japanese market. I would hazard a guess at this being made in japan, as EX's were primarily sold there. on to the specifics: - 22 frets (like I said, forerunner to the RG, so not 24) - Floyd rose LO-TRS trem (stays in tune extremely well) - 5-way selector switch - H/S/H setup (passive) - Strat style body, but extremely thin, great upper fret acess. - Single vol. control - Single tone control - Low action, and very comfortable. - Non-locking tuners. What with the age of this guitar, it's fairly hard to dig up details about, which explains my lack of knowledge on body/neck woods etc. The only reason I'm not rating this a ten is because no guitar is perfect. If there are bad sides to this guitar, I haven't.

everythingdies
    The EX series actually was not the forerunner of the RG, they were around at the same time. EX's were supposed to have professional quality and features at an affordable price. I think they were called EX's instead of RG's because they didn't want the fact that they were made in Korea (not Japan)to affect the reputation of the RG's. They were made between 89 and 93, and some of the later ones had 24 frets. Mine is a 93, with 24 frets, basswood body. Great guitar.
    danielsyte
    I got an EX360 as well, black finish; the floyd is a TRS and it has a single coil at the neck instead of humbucker. Extremely well balanced, can cover many music styles. I adjusted the poles of the humbucker to obtain a more "vintage" sound, but it's my choice, with standard setup it is a great guitar for 80's rock and metal.
    KydHatchett
    It is a great guitar. Guitar Center ripped me off with a broken one that I am determined to restore. I'm currently looking everywhere I can (and then some) and still can't find a replacement body. Everything that is out in ebay and sites like that are all newer series such as prestige and RG. if you or anyone you know have an idea of where to find a replacement body, that be of great help to let me know.
    bdpgt
    i have a stripped Ex 360 and i need pickups for it :[ i was wondering if you could tell me the types of pick ups that are in the guitar and if so if email some picks to me...if thats of good but i realy need to know the model of tthe pickups or something. thanks
    samuray84
    I have a fretless one. People who saw me on the stage think that is a guitar with price about 2000-2500$