G10 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: G10

Purchased from: Oasis Music

Sometimes it gets a little noisy, but if you get it to the right setting, it'll be alright. I only use a bright tone or a distorted effect, but I'm sure some wah-wah or phaser effects would sound very nice on these. It really suits my music style (So-Cal punk, metal, blues, grunge, etc). Overall an all-round guitar, not perfect in some, but really kicks butt.

I play pretty much everything, it is a very good all-round guitar, great for beginners and giving lessons. I've been playing for about 18 months now, but I'm really good, so you better take my word for it, this is a pretty fine guitar. I own a Peavey amplifier, the Iby G (what I call it) sounds nice with it. I didn't really had a choice about asking about this guitar because my parents were kind enough to give it as a gift. If it was stolen, I would find the asshat who stole my guitar and give him/her a good woopin' then buy a new one (especially if they pee'd and poo'd all over it). I love it's versatility, but the paint comes off soooo easily! I don't really compare guitars, I play them so I say a guitar is a guitar no matter what brand (but an American Strat would be veeery nice). I wish the paint and finish didn't come off so easily, I also wish it had a wicked paint job and some better sounding pickups.

My G-10 can withstand live playing, but sometimes my strap falls on me, so I probably would use it for a backup. The hardware seems like it would last a while, but eventually when the reaper comes for it I'll buy some new hardware for it. The finish (like in the other guy's review) comes off really easily. My guitar will probably look like it's been in 'Nam in a good ten years, but I really like that chipped style, but it can be a little bothersome. Overall a pretty reliable guitar, but it has some flaws, once you fix them up though, it would be a very nice one.

My G-10 was very well set up, I got a sweet deal at the music store for a beginner kit about two years ago, came with the case, tremolo bar, amp, cord, etc. It also came with spare nuts and alon wrenches to repair along with a care manual. Very well adjusted pickups, nice routed bridge and was properly bookmatched at the top. No flaws what so ever in the manufacturing department.

The G-10 features one tone and volume knob with a five way Switch. I'm not sure what wood the neck is made of, but it's sturdy. It has a string-thru bridge and a nice laminated finish over a good black paint. The pickups on this one are humbucking I believe. It was made in America which, to my surprise, is surprising to me because of the price. Overall good features for a beginner.