G10 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: G10

Purchased from: Birdland Music Co.

I play alot of metal, and it seems to play just as good as it looks. I'm currently using a DigiTech RP50 effects processor, I get a pretty good sound out of it. It can be noisy at times, so I recomend changing out the pickups.

It matches my style of music almost perfectly, I also own a Sigma guitars acoustic. If it were stolen besides beating down whomever stole it yea I would prolly buy another. I love the way it looks it's a perfect look for what I play.

I've played live with it many times and it sounds good, the hardware is very sturdy and dosn't wiggle around or anything like that. I spin my guitar alot and the strap buttons are just as sturdy as when I bought them their great. Me personaly I would never play any gig, no matter how good the guitar without a back up, so I can't really answer that too well. The finish is nice, it's a very dependable surface, I can bearly see pick scratches (no pick guard).

I've only had one problem with factory set up, there is a small amount of glue that is sticking out from under one of the frets, but overall factory set up was very good. The pickups were adjusted fairly well, if you know how to adjust them you might want to get them where you want them but pretty good overall.

The Ibanez Gio guitar is an alright guitar, I wouldn't really recomend it to some one whos just starting out (unless its one of those old crappy Gios). I'm talking the new model if you haven't seen them yet there a very metal orientid looking guitar. It has 22 frets on a dark brown fret board (maple), some the colors I'm familar with are as follows, midnight black, cherry red, and deep blue. It's got standard Ibanez Blackberry pickups, their not a bad sounding pick up but, if your looking to play gigs I recomend upgrading them (because they get kind of choppy during loud playing). You've got your standard pickup controls plus volume and another Switch for the pickups. It's sold guitar only as far as I know.