G10 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: G10

Purchased from: Guitar World

The Sound is amazing for what I payed for. I find it good for all sorts of music. When you only use the distortion from the amp and the guitar, there is a lot of noise whenever you're not playing. I have a DigiTech RP50 to overcome this though (Noise Gate function). With the pedal, I find the guitar can make a variety of sounds, ranging from fairly heavy, to really good soft distortion, that I use for Indie music.

I really like this guitar, suits my style, and the actual look and colour of it suits me too, although, I've been thinking of changing the pick guard to add some colour to it. The only thing I have a problem with is the tremolo bridge, even when I use it slightly, the guitar is most likely to go out of tune enough to make it sound pretty bad. There was a GAX70 Ibanez that I tried, but I chose the G10 because of the Tremolo Bridge.

I reckon this guitar is fairly reliable. The body and the neck seem to be able to withstand a lot of stuff, although I have found tiny dints on the back of the neck. One of the strap buttons actually came loose, but I was able to take it back to the store to get it repaired free or charge. Apart from me accidently hitting it against walls and stuff, this guitar is well made, and I'd use it for live shows all the time. I'd only use 2 guitars if I need 2 tunings for the show.

Solid body, standard 22 frets, 1 volume and 1 tone knob, with a 3-way selector. With the deal I got, I get a gig bag, lead, 15watt amp, strap, tuner and some picks to go with it. Its like a Strat model, but I find the way they carved the shape of it is better then the Squire Bullets I've tried.