G10 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: G10

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

I play mostly metal and alternative, and this guitar is great for that, although it can really suit any style (decently at least). I haven't noticed anything wrong with the sound it has a decent tone, and I like it enough to have bought it (although it was my first guitar as well, so I wasn't going to take the greatest one off the shelf). I use it with a Roland Cube 30X with Channel Pedals and an Ibanez DS7 Distortion pedal (since I often use different levels of distortion when I play, requiring quick switches//its also good to put both on for that noisy pitch before a specific part). One thing I find good with this guitar is that it has a nice crunch noise, which is great, since I learnt every single Rammstein song, and it sounds extremely similar. It isn't really unique though, but it is a great beginner guitar.

I love Rammstein, Deftones, System Of A Down, Lamb Of God, Alexisonfire, Mudvayne, Cold, I'll Nino, Tool, etc. I play a variety of heavy styles, and this guitar is up to Standard with most of them. I am a beginner however, so I don't play the incredibly hard things. I've had my guitar for 5/6 months. The real thing I love about this guitar is that it's a good beginner guitar, it's very durable, and it has a good price. If it were stolen though, I would have second thoughts about what to buy. I would probably end up buying something from the RG series, mainly an Ibanez with a different bridge since I don't like buying strings as often as I do. This guitar just needs to be more reliable. everything else is fine. It is truly only good for a beginner. This one also has a great look, and a good price.

This is where the guitar tends to not do too well. I've heard a lot of stories of a G10 having some flaw that only showed later on. personally, my tone knob came too tight, and now I can't adjust it (luckily it broke while it was on Max). Other than the occasional defects, this guitar is pretty sturdy and durable. It can take a lot. One important thing I noticed, was that whenever I break a string, it is always right where the string leaves the bridge. There might be some bad thing about the way they designed it, because it doesnt't conserve your strings too well. and it's only the coiled strings. Also, because of the whammy bar, the guitar gets Out of tune if you use it too much. I heard some stories about thin paint, which chips easily. since I painted mine, I can't really confirm that. it seems true though.

The guitar was great in the store and everything was fine, although I was missing the little plastic piece on the pickup Switch, but I didn't mind that. Mine came in black, and all the colors that are available for this model are pretty basic, so I ended up doing a camouflage paint job on the body, a long with a small logo.

Pavura
    wow my review is terrible. HAH I KNOW EVERY RAMMSTEIN SONG HAHAHAHAH==NO. theyre so easy. wth was i thinking lol.