GART30 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Ibanez: GART30

Purchased from: Local Music Store

The sound you get from this guitar is stupifingly AWFUL. It has a 2-D sound that doesn't change with amps (I've played it on 3 different ones and got the same tone). It's sort of a flat, thick, whiny sound. The input jack is poorly made, so you get this buzzing noise through the whole time you're playing it. It is near impossible to perform hammer-ons and pull-offs, you just get a clunky whisper.

I'm usually playing rock, or metal, or a bit of shred, and this guitar is my worst nightmare. I've been playing for a two years, but I know a good guitar when I see one, and this ain't one of em. I think I was lied to when I bought this guitar, the guy told me it was a very good sounding guitar and was durable. If someone stole it, it'd be their loss. I could care less if it was stolen. If you have about $200 spend, look harder for a guitar. You'd be better of with a Walmart cheapie one than this piece of trash called a guitar.

This seems like a bad choice to have onstage, its more of a practice guitar. The hardware might last a couple years, considering how cheesy it is. The strap buttons are big, so it's hard to slip a strap on. NEVER bring this guitar to a gig, as you will probably mess the gig up. The finish scratches very easily.

The action was set very good, almost perfect (suprisingly). The finishes are OK, not much selection with them. Thee pickups are set crooked (up and down, not side to side) so they recquire a lot of adjustment. The only flaws is the knobs are hard to turn and come off easy.

The Garts design is the only decent thing about this guitar. It looks like a Les Paul, but the bottom bridge area is very wide and clunky. It's made of basswood, and has a 22-fret rosewood-maple neck. It comes in Transparent red, Black, and Blue. It has a set, string-thru bridge. The pickups are Ibanez(?) Powersounds, and it has a volume, tone, and 3-way blade switch.

slowguitarman
    You didn't play it through any amps at the store? Wasting money on this guitar was your own fault if you didn't thoroughly check it out before buying.
    Skodward714
    Ok everyone, this was MY FIRST GUITAR. I was really excited to get it when i was at the store, so i wasn't making very good desicions about it. There was an RG there for the same price, and I wish I bought that.
    rsatrinations
    1 its a gart- budget of art series 2 what in gods name possessed you to buy it in the first place 3 get a proper art, those are brilliant
    EpiExplorer
    TheAbsentOne wrote: It is nice to see someone who doesn't go "OMG this guitar can SHRED D00DE! Like, the pickups are so epicz! I cant beleve i got dis guitar so CHEAP! For da moneyz it really ROCKS !"
    YES, YES, the point I've been trying to make for 2 months D:! Hooray for blunt honesty!
    TheAbsentOne
    salsawords
    I'm confused about why you would buy this guitar without even playing it. It's obviously not a metal/shred oriented guitar so that makes it an even worse decision.
    themelodicdeathshow
    I used to have a ibanez gsa60 gio and it was actually a decent guitar specially for the 100 bucks i spent on it, so if ur looking for a cheap decent ibanez axe then tryout a gsa60, i never had any probs with it
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    dude...if u don't like this one...buy your self the ibnz gax30 now that's a guitar for gigs...I play it now for 2 years and it hasn't let me down...The only thing that disturbs me is the feedback that i get when i stop playing but that are just the pick ups (I'm waiting for my Dimarzio xn2 humbuckers to change that)...It's the cheap'o guitar of the year..costs only 130$...
    NHECOS
    salgala2000 wrote: for 170 you can get an epiphone special 2 gt that comes with a floyd rose licensed tremelo and killswitch along with the les paul shape
    That tremolo is a great thing if you want your guitar to always be out of tune .
    thisdude
    that comes with a floyd rose licensed tremelo
    which is exactly why it is so cheap.
    salgala2000
    thisdude
    well if you choose a guitar from the (most definitely false) opinion of a guy in a Local Music Store then what do you expect?
    StringAssassin
    Dude, you must have gotten a defect. My action was kinda bad when I bought this guitar, but after a setup and switching out the pots, this guitar was almost perfect. I do feel kinda bad for buying this guitar in 2009, when the 2010 models are 10 times better.
    Skodward714
    Well, the bridge pickup on my Gart has burnt out. And it's only a year old. Shows you how cheap the parts are. I was playing and PFF, it blew. I actually laughed, it's one step closer to having a good excuse to scrap it for parts. I don't want to purposly break it, it's my only guitar.