GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Purchased from: Pinecone Music

The sound is great, just what I want in a guitar. It fits my syle(metal) perfectly. Ibanez is often known for producing great metal guitars and this is no exception. The tone and the sound is just perfect and fits in well with my style. It's also capable of creating a full, clean sound that works well with softer songs that I also play (Stairway to Heaven etc.) I don't know. "What kind of sounds can the guitar make?" I don't know. Probably the sounds that the average other guitar makes.

Nothing much to say really. It's a great guitar for me, great starting guitar for young metal heads - that's for sure. It provides everything you need with great reliability for a low price and can give you all the basic features. You can't really ask for anything more out of a starter guitar than that.

It's very reliable. I haven't run into any problems with it at all so far, there are no chips or scratches in it yet (which is a miracle for me) The one thing I don't like is the strap buttons. They're too big, strap locks can't fit around them(which I used for my bass guitar. But then again the strap never just falls off of the buttons like my bass so no complaints there at all. Now would I use it on a gig without a backup? Definitely! I can't see any problems with this guitar at all. It's very reliable, durable and would last.

Nothing is really wrong with it. Everything seems to be fitting fine with the rest of the guitar and I've run into no problems here at all. It's a great, well structured guitar with little, to no flaws (that I can notice anyways).

The standard GAX neck along with the agatis body which I really liked when I played. It doesn't really provide anything special, it comes with medium frets(22 in total), a fixed bridge. It has STD-H1 neck PU and STD-H2 bridge PU. I'm not exactly sure what that means but it's on the sheet shrugs. It has a 3-way pickup selector (neck, centre and bridge) along with one tone and one volume control. Not really anything else to say. Four. Mainly because I have nothing to compare it to. It's my first guitar.