GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Purchased from: Guitars Plus - Victoria, BC Canada

Sounds good. Good for blues, soft/hard rock. Actually it's pretty much good for anything. I have a Roland Cube. It has lots of different choices for effects and what not. So you can pretty much choose the style of music it plays.

good for any style. I've been playing for a few months. I got it for as a gift. If it was stolen I would probably upgrade. I really want a Gibson Les Paul or SG. But if I couldnt afford it I would definently get this again. This is a great guitar for a beginner or intermediate. Even an advanced player. Not recomended for a pro or expert.

I've done a few live shows with it. It's held up pretty good. Hardware is still solid. No signs of loosening. Strap buttons are very solid. I don't have a backup. So I guess I can depend on it. Finish looks thick. And good finish. No signs of wearing yet.

Seems to me that it is put to gether pretty nicely. Everything looks straight and where it should be. Only thing wrong that I can find is that there is a very tiny (very tiny dent on the the edge of it but very hard to see. The cap on the Switch came loose.

- Made in Japan - 22 frets - Maple Neck - Black in colour - String-thru body bridge. Similer to a Strat. But without the wammi-bar. - 2 controls (volume, tune) and a three way Switch. - 2 humbucking pickups