GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend

Awesome thick tone! Very nice guitar, I beleive it would suit any style, it can roar, or you can have it have a nice soft tone. If you turn it up, it doesn't whimp out like some other guitars do! I play a lot of Chilli Peppers stuff and this works for them! I beleive metal heads would be in heaven with this guitar though.

Love it, great matchup for any style, I've played for half a year and this is my second guitar, (Washburn X10) this one and my other don't even compare. If this were stolen, I'd hunt the sumb--ch down who stole it and make him play a 3/4th scale Daisy rock guitar just for messing with my Ibanez. The Daisy would be pink. Than I would push him into a fairly large prison cell. My favorite thing about this guitar, is the feel to me, it's so comfertable that it fits like a glove, If I could have one wish for Ibanez to add to this guitar, I would have to say to put better strings on it, and fancy inlays. Great guitar.

This is one solid axe! Nothings came loose yet, and the strap buttons are like rocks. They're huge too, which, dont get me wrong, is not a minus! If I were to ever take it on a gig, I wouldnt bring a backup, because I trust this thing. Once again, paints done nice and doesn't seem its going to wear off.

They set it up OK, although there was some 3rd fret buzz, I think it's the bad strings on it though. Pickups are awesome! Everything was where it should be, humbuckers nice and tight. Just a beautiful instrument guys! The pickguards trimmed with a bit of white, making it stand out. The way they did the transparent red is great.

Made somewhere in Japan, 22 frets, beautiful transparent red, medium frets, basswood. Body's different, it's very comfy though. Two humbuckers, three way Switch, (neck neckbridge bridge). One volume, and one tone control. Tuners are nice.