GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Sounds great, center and neck give a hollow tone which I enjoy at times, and the bridge pickup gets down to sexy distorted business should it need to (I run it through a DS-1). Has a nice dark sound, although for a really nice sound replace the strings on it as soon as possible, they are horribly light and the E just vibrates forever, especially in drop tunings. So on the both/neck settings you can get some cool Tool style sounds, bridge and crank the treble and youre in rock heaven.

This guitar suits distortion, so rock/punk/metal whatever you like, it's great, although if you want some funky tunings like Drop C/D, you best be buying new strings. If it were stolen, I would upgrade, but I'd miss this thing. The only thing its missing is pickup covers, a sexy chrome pickup cover and this thing would be quite the hottie.

Action was nice and low, pickups were great. Finish is sexy beyond belief, mine is a black enamel sort of finish, and it is sex incarnate. I can't pick a flaw in the finish at all, maybe a tiny bump but I think that was because of me.