GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

This guitar is great for me, since I play lots of blues and classic rock. I Would reccomend a Marshall MG amp for this; they go really well together. Really rich sound, very thick. This guitar has a great range, you don't even need to touch your amp. You just mess around with the pickups and the tone knob and it is like you have just switched genres all together. Case and point, Led Zeppelin song, Bring It On Home, starts with a deep, low blues riff. It then switches into this heavy, fast riff that Jimmy Page used as an intro for Black Dog at the Song Remains The Same concert. Just flip the pickup Switch and the tone knob and you achieve both those sounds.

This is a really good guitar for blues, rock, punk and metal. I've been playing about six months, and this guitar still hasn't outgrown me. I also have a old 1971 Suzuki F-100 acoustic, which is just fantastic. I use a Marshall MG15w amp. If it was stolen or lost, I'd probably wait, save up, and buy a better guitar. I wish it was a Les Paul, but since that isn't gonna happen, I am pretty happy with this as it is.

Good action, medium-low. Pickups are fine. The guitar from what I have seen is flawless, and can really take a beating. I turned around quickly once while playing and smashed the body into the wall. I knocked off all the plaster, put the guitar didn't have a scratch on it. The knobs come off rather easily, though, I've knocked them off while playing.