GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Purchased from: Quatabalm Music

I think this guitar is perfect for me. I'm not a pro and don't need the bigger, flashier type guitars. I use a Squier amp and use mostly its distortion. The use of no distortion also sounds great. I'm mostly into punk-rock/heavy rock and mostly just use the distortion option. It doesn't have too much sound variety, but has just enough to satisfy me. The two sets of humbuckers provide great sound. The tone doesn't change it much but it still sounds fine. This ranges from gritty to mellow sounds.

As mentioned above, I play in the rock areas. And again, I think this guitar would be perfect for it. Palm muting on it sounds geat as well, I would highly recomend this guitar. I've been playing for about a year and a half but, not to boast, can play well beyond my years. This was my second guitar, my first was a Johnson acoustic. I've stuck with this and would buy it again. Very affordable and has the quality of something much more expensive. When I was looking through the guitars, I think its looks are what caught my eye. When I got home, I still wasn't experienced enough to try out everything it contained but that came later on. Awesome guitar for novice/intermediate players and very affordable.

I've performed with this guitar quite a few times already and is still in great condition. I could definately depend on this; a lot of people have told me how cool it sounds and looks. The bottom strap button is now a little bit loose but not enough to ruin anything. The finish is not too thin at all, seems like you would have to try to get it to come off for it to come off.

When I bought this guitar I think it might have been used, but was in perfect condition. Everything was exactly where it should be and nothing was loose.