GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Purchased from: Ebay

I play everything but mostly Blink 182, Green Day, Fightstar, Bloc Party, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium etc. I have to say that I paid 120 including P and P, that I was surprise how well this guitar could handle them. I use a Line 6 Spider 2 with a Korg Toneworks. It sounds really nice on most things, clean can get abit distorted, but maybe thats my amp clean isn't very good on spider 2's. I bought this guitar because I wanted a more heavier sound, as my Fender Telecaster doesn't have the beefiest sound and I liked the look at this, I read the sound was good with distortion. It doesn't dissapoint. Doesn't feel as good and isnt as versatile as my Telecaster but for 120. It's amazing. It beats any copy makes hands down so Squier, Epi's, Staggs.

This guitar is great for what I was looking for, the beefy sound is what I needed and this provides. I've been playing for nearly three years now. I have played and owned many guitar during this time (I like a change) and I have to say this is a really good guitar any beginners wanting a good non-copy guitar from a respected make or intermediates wanting a good backup or a practice guitar this is the guitar for you! My favourite part of this guitar is the shape and just the general look of it. If it were lost I would look for it. If some one stole it I would tear the person limb from limb (I have strong bonds with my guitars) I may not buy this guitar again, like I said I like to change. I would definately consider the upgrade in this serious the AXS42. I never compared it to anything I just like the look but compared to the other guitars I have played and bought in this price range it definately has to be the best or one of them at least! Great guitar, wont get better value for money, Go buy it!

I use this guitar as my back up/practice guitar, so I dont wrap it in bubble wrap like my other more expensive guitars. I've knocked it on door handles and nothing is marked yet at all. It doesn't stay in tune that well but maybe that's my playing or jumping around. The strap buttons are nice and fat, really strong I would rely on them. It is excpetionally light, great for long gigs. So yeah I would use it in a gig, maybe not over my other guitars but hey this guitar gives them some compettion!

I really like the look of this thing. I think if I was a beginner I would be rather proud of its shape, it easily beats any Epiphone, Squier and Stagg in the looks department within the price range. It's also rare to see beginner guitarist with this guitar. They usually have the Squiers or Epis, but this one makes them stand out. It looks pretty well made. The action is nice, no fret buzz whay so ever. Haven't changed anything from factory settings. The neck pickup can move if pushed, not sure if that's a good sign. But I love this guitar neways I would fix it without blinking.

Not sure when it was made. Made in China. 22 medium frets, rosewood fingerboard. The body is agathis. I bought in Black Night, which is basically just black. Fixed bridge with a string-thru body. It come with just some standard stock pickups. The body style is sort of SG But with a fatter more like a Les Paul bottom shape. It comes with a volume and tone control and and a 3-way selector. I really like the simplicity of this guitar, for the price range its aimed at beginners, and the simplicity is perfect. I'm reviewing this with the price I paid in mind and wont be comparing it with guitar with a prive value of over 200 bracket.