GAX30 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Ibanez: GAX30

It doesn't exactly suit my style, because I play loose, fast, hardcore riffs. And the strings are kind of tight, making it harder to harmonic. I'm using the Ibanez IBZ10G amp with it, and the sound isn't all too great together. Hardly any distortion, too much feedback. It is a bit noisy, coming from the feedback on the amp, and the frets are kind of buzzed. Although, I make it sound dreadful, it's actually not too bad for soloing, and sweeping.

I mostly play hardcore, or metalcore (not like the genre title matters, it's all the same) and rock riffs. Some solo-type stuff, mostly fast palm muting and such. I've been playing for 3 years now. I only own my Ibanez GAX, and it's time for a new guitar. Of course, much like almost everyone else when they buy they're first guitar, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. A Squier Strat is like a Jackson compared to this guitar. I would've asked for a receipt or a refund I suppose before I bought it, so now I could show the guitar or something to the folks at Guitar Center. If it were stolen, then I think the person Who stole it from me, would be much more disappointed then I would be. I would definitely buy something else. I love the fact that it takes a beating all the time, since I let my friends play it, and my strap always breaks on me and it slams into the ground beneath me. I hate that the guitar overall isn't very reliable and the model is ugly. I'm tired of the black-gloss finish that has smudges from where I grope it. My favorite feature is probably the volume control. It's very exhilarating that I can turn up the volume and turn it back down when I don't want other's to hear my music. But now, I can't use any the control features, but the volumes not that important. Of course it's not (there is a pinch of sarcasm there). I compared my guitar to my friend's Jackson RR3 guitar, and I almost cried. I didn't know such a beautiful tone from a guitar existed. Mine always sounded like Daffy Duck when I started up playing, but his Randy Rhoads sounded like the voice of a god, or Morgan Freeman. I chose the guitar, because it was black, and shiny. Also, the body shape kind of reminded me of my grandmother. I wish my guitar could talk, so I could record it and put it's dying words on Youtube. Or possibly take it to Guitar Center, so the guitar could tell them what's wrong. Overall, this is not the guitar you want to buy for your children, because once they get better, they're going to realize that you are a jackass. I would prefer a Stratocaster, or a starter Ibanez RG, rather than this guitar.

No, I doubt this guitar would survive anyone's shredding on-stage. This guitar is more of a "stay home, if you drop it, oh well" type guitar. The hardware is starting to rust and corrode on me, so I'm not sure how much longer it will last. The strap buttons are fine, I just need a new strap. No, I can't honestly say my guitar is dependable. I would never consider using it without a backup. The finish is fine, but not the rest.

All of the guitar set-up is pretty well, regarding the wiring for the jack and the pickups, because in my case, it doesn't work, but it's not too bad. When I got it, it was pretty good, but it's been a few years and this is karma for buying a cheap guitar.

RainingBlood79
    I have one and i've had it for about a year and it has way too many battle scars lol im just wondering if its possible to change the faceplate on this guitar