GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Purchased from: Bryan's House of Music

Enter Sandman, Stairway to Heaven, Back in Black. All of these songs sound great on this guitar. Whether it's Metal, Rock, Blues or really anything (maybe not country) you need this guitar for, you can rest assured that it will emit a strong Agile tone. The right amp always helps but the GAX can hold it's own, the amp used on mine is a Line 6 Spyder III. I personally prefer to play Metal with quite a bit of Rock, and it is the only guitar I use. Has great abilities for hammer-ons and pull-offs (eruption anyone? ) along with vibratos, full-bends, half-bends, and slides. All in all a very versatile instrument for any guitarist looking for a cheap axe with good quality.

A great guitar for any guitarist, is the Ibanez GAX30. Metal, Rock, and Blues are all great sounds to be played. Very durable and long-lasting. Built extremely well. The finish looks cool and makes the guitar easy to clean. Everything about this guitar is great for a beginner guitarist or an expert. it's great for just sitting and playing and all-all, very few complaints. I highly recommend at least adding this guitar to your collection or even using it as your primary instrument. My favorite of my three guitars by far.

The GAX is a very wicked guitar in the fact that it is nearly indestructible. On the specific guitar that I bought, it had a matte finish; or in other words, an awesome looking finish that doesn't collect dust and is easy to clean. The finish also prevents scratches due to the lack of sheen it holds. I have played several Live shows at my school where I was jumping around on stage as I did so, and the axe held up great. It stays in tune for days without me having to adjust it and everything seems like it will last. The only part of the guitar you have to be careful of is the headstock; the paint on it is the Standard acrylic paint that is easily taken off on the sides, however if you can avoid that then it is a great guitar that will last many, many years.

The guitar is very well built. Very sturdy, however the pick-ups were place in a place where I commonly strum my guitar so I do sometimes hit those. The only other flaw would have to be that the tuning begs aren't very in-sync together; for example, the low E, and G strings' tone is adjusted by only a small turn of the peg but the rest take a bit longer. Good quality wood, bridge is stable, tone adjusters are nice and tight. The pros definitely out way the cons.

I just bought this guitar about four or five months ago so it's a mid 2008 model made in the United States of America. It has a Standard 22 frets on a rosewood and maple neck, leading down into an SG like body, with a matte finish and two double-pickups. Standard Ibanez bridge and tuning, and it comes with Volume, Distortion, Bass, and Treble adjusters. I believe the body is maple, and it all came with a gig-bag and a discount on a strap and cable. The GAX30 has a fairly unique headstock and game Standard with Ernie-Ball strings. The Inlays are the basic dots but they still work well. The neck is Standard size with easy mobility up and down. A truly great axe.