GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Purchased from: McCourts

This guitars design could be played with almost any ganre of music, whether it be rock, grunge, metal, etc. I am using it with a Yamaha G100 amp head on a 2 speaker cab (Brand unknown) with a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. It sounds amazing! The clean on this guitar (When running through the neck p/u) sounds better then any other guitar that I've played. You can play pretty much any style through this thing.

I play a lot of Rock and Alternative and this guitar is what I've been looking for. I have been playing for about 3 years and just now decided to move up from my Strat copy to something nicer and in my price range. I can honestly say that this is the best guitar I could get at the price range I was looking for. It this guitar were to be stolen, I would buy it again. Unless, of course, I found the guy that stole it. What I love about this guitar is... Well... What I love... I can't choose just one thing. It's just awesome. I wish it would come with better tuning pegs. That's it.

This guitar seems like it can handle a lot of what you throw at it, but I don't want to test it. The hardware seems durable and seems like it could sustain for the duration of me owning it. Only one of the strap buttons came loose and the screw stripped the hole a little bit, but I fixed that within 30 seconds. I definitely would gig with this guitar without a backup. It's probably not the smartest idea, but I think it would make it. The finish seems like it'll last the time I have it.

It was almost a dead-on factory set-up. Just a few tweaks here and there and it was perfect. The Pickups were pretty much where I wanted them to be. The bridge seemed to be placed in the right position and place and the guitar seems well built. Nothing, except the strap button, was loose.

I'm not sure what year it was made but I'm thinking between 2001-2008. It has a 22 medium fret rosewood fretboard, basswood body, maple neck, jewel blue finish, it looks like a smoothed out version of an SG but is still original with the curves and such, string-thru fixed bridge, 2 volume controls and a 3 way switch, dual Standard humbucking pickups, and entry level Ibanez tuning pegs. The only thing I dislike about the guitar is the tuning pegs. They tend to slip out of tune and I just don't like the style of tuning pegs.

EnterSB
    I have question. This guitar does not have floyd. Is there a way to install one? I am new to electric guitars, so please take that into consideration. Thanks.
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    I'have this one...bkn finish...It get's dirty as hell every time I pay it...Exept this it's only flaw is that most players can't get to the last 3 frets without making an akward position with their hand...I still have troubels with that...And jes I think the GAX75 is a better choice 'cuz it's only 50 $ more and it dosn't produce that akward feedback...