GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Mezzoforte,Tg.Mures,Romania

I am playing things like Mettalica, GN'R and some heavy metal classic rock blues rock and it really fits my style. I eman the pickups are meant for Thick Tones and with my Behringer V-Tone GM108 it sounds really great. I've used it at a gig and it handled very well on the same amp though on a bigger it doesnt't handle al that well.

It's a very good guitar though it has some flaws and this could be used even by a Pro either as a backup either as a main. I mean in it's price range its better than Epi' LP or SG Special. I would be to change it again maybe I'd keep it or maybe i'd buy an Iceman.

I've played it at a gig and I've compared it on the spot with an Squier Strat affinity and an Yamaha Pacifica (It did way better as the Squier and the Yamaha didn't handle loud tones all that well). The Pickups in my opinion are almost as good as EMG's I tried the very same guitar with EMG's at a firend of mine's and it actually soundede exactly the same (thanks Ibanez for being the greatest). The Strap Buttons fell like their made out of some Titanium thingy and fusioned with the body not like a squiers wich felt like thei were made out of plastic and glued with paper adhesive.

Well this guitar looks and feels like it was made out of an B-29 Super Fortress. It feels like it might stand a nuclear explosion. The finish is really flawless and I've once accidentaly slammed it into a wall and not a scrath (on the guitar the wall lets say it lost all its paintin the spot).

Medium Frets (22 in total); rosewood fretboard. I think made mn Indonesia. I don't know exactly what year. It Has PSND-1 and PSND-2 Humbuckers (made by Ibanez). Has a Hard Tail Bridge 3 way PU Selector Silver Volume and Tone Controls. Mine is TR(Transparent Red) with a Black Pickguard. Basswood Body.

6will0w4
    I got this guitar as my first proper electric guitar I cannot get over how amazing it is i have had it for about 4 years now and it has never let me down once i have used it for a few gigs and band rehearsals and it never fails to impress. I don't understand its shape it looks like a shecter s-1 or a fat SG but i love it in every way.