GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Purchased from: Music 90, Wigan

I play all types of music but mainly rock music and this guitar will suit most styles from surf to metal and chunky tones. Obviously humbuckered so not tailored to Hendrix, Clapton and Knopfler etc. I use it through a Peavey Vypyr 75 and it works for me. You can get real distortion and a nice clean on it and the strings ar stock strings and pick ups are stock I haven't changed anything on this at all.

Like I have said it suits me both for musical choices and price bracket and I honestly believe it blows Squires out the water in this price bracket. If it were stolen would I replace it? Sure within this price backet why not! Its a great bit of kit for next to no cost. I love the weight and the neck of this guitar I have a Les Paul which is like holding a tonne weight. The neck is quick and quite slim in comparison to my LP. I compared this to a low end Squire I think it was an affinity and I am so glad I chose this one. The only thing I wish it did have was the winning lottery numbers for this week so I wouldn't have to got to work. If anyone does know them be sure to let me know.

I believe that this guitar and the hadware will last as it as a quality ame behind it in Ibanez. The strap buttons are solid on mine so far but I have heard on other people that they can come loose but I use mine with a strap all the time and mine are solid. Like I always say I wouldn't gig without a back up no matter what the cost of the guitar and whoever has made it. That would be madness for a band to not have a guitarist for the rest of a set because he/she's guitar has broke halfway through. The finish on the body and the hardware is great except for on mine the one machine head but like I said no big problem.

Guitar was set up really well at the shop and they were great with me as it was my first guitar. The guitar had no flaws when it came so I have no complaints Ibanez. After about 5 months I was tuning it up and the chrome foil on the machine heads came off on the top E tuner so that's not great I no its a small ting but I look after my gear. That is my only real negative with this.

Ibanez GIO AX30. This guitar has 22 medium sized frets on a GAX bolt on neck with a rosewood fretboard and pearl dot inlays. The body is made from basswood and mine is in a black night finish with a black pick guard. The guitar is double cut away with quite a large body (but not heavy), also the bridge is fixed. This guitar has 2 humbucker pick ups in the neck and bridge position, these are Ibanez stock pick ups Neck PU: AX1 PU and Bridge PU: AX2 PU. There is 3 way selector switch and 1 tone knob and 1 volume knob. When I bought mine I got 3 picks, a gig bag and a strap so haggle people.

MarkoakaNiggaK
    Too sad that UG doesn't allow us to delete our own reviews. I'd like to write one with propper grammer at least.
    MaggaraMarine
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    MaggaraMarine wrote: MarkoakaNiggaK wrote: MaggaraMarine wrote: OMG!! Nobody has posted anything bad about this guitar!! This is new in UG. Especially when there's a cheap GIO in question. well it ain't that bad. its price is realistic, and features are well made for a beginners guitar. Worth giging with. And ith new pups it will sound awesome. Only thing i'd change is the neck. I'd put in a full maple neck with a full c profile. Yeah but in many cheap beginner guitar reviews people complain how it sucks compared to their Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster. Like read the comments of Epiphone Les Paul or Squier Stratocaster reviews.
    That's cause they don't know how to keep it real. Budget means budget. You get just what you pay for and nothing more. And you do realize that most of those twats are 16-year old boys who probbably got their guitar from their parrents after begging for a year instead of working for it? Someone can't apreciate a thing if he didn't put swet and tears in it. Also most of them are deluded by big names such as gibson and fender. Most of gibsons and fenders can't compare in quality to corts today but they are still being sold more. Sorry for the long reply. cheers