GAX30 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX30

Price paid: € 130

Purchased from: Feedback Music

The sound is crunchy, and GREAT for grunge music. It sounds as good as a $1000 dollar PRS guitar if you play it on some good Marshall amps! Also the harmonics are very rich. Believe me, this guitar sounds better than my $1024 dollar Washburn guitar, and my Epi SG.

I play grunge (Silverchair) and hard-rock (Van Halen) music, and it suits both styles perfectly. I've been playing for about 2, 5 years now. This guitar beats all other guitars I've got (Washburn N4 Nuno, Epi SG, Aria Pro II The Cat) If it were stolen, I would run to the store and buy the same guitar. I am really, really, really impressed with this thing. My favorite guitar for sure.

I have played this guitar live without any backup guitars, the hardware is totally hardcore and seems like it will last forever. I have jumped up and down and still my strap buttons are in place, and my guitar in tune. The finish also lasts great, my guitar fell on stones several times.

It's got a great action, very, very fast.

It's a 2007 Ibanez GAX with chrome knobs and tuners. They're all just standard Ibanez tuners but I've got to admit! I'm impressed! You can smash this guitar around, BEAT the strings and rock out on it for hours and yet, it stays in tune!

MaggaraMarine
    MarkoakaNiggaK wrote: MaggaraMarine wrote: MarkoakaNiggaK wrote: MaggaraMarine wrote: OMG!! Nobody has posted anything bad about this guitar!! This is new in UG. Especially when there's a cheap GIO in question. well it ain't that bad. its price is realistic, and features are well made for a beginners guitar. Worth giging with. And ith new pups it will sound awesome. Only thing i'd change is the neck. I'd put in a full maple neck with a full c profile. Yeah but in many cheap beginner guitar reviews people complain how it sucks compared to their Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster. Like read the comments of Epiphone Les Paul or Squier Stratocaster reviews. That's cause they don't know how to keep it real. Budget means budget. You get just what you pay for and nothing more. And you do realize that most of those twats are 16-year old boys who probbably got their guitar from their parrents after begging for a year instead of working for it? Someone can't apreciate a thing if he didn't put swet and tears in it. Also most of them are deluded by big names such as gibson and fender. Most of gibsons and fenders can't compare in quality to corts today but they are still being sold more. Sorry for the long reply. cheers
    I know why they do it, yeah. They don't realize that they are in a different price range. But still, UG is full of people who comment on cheap guitars and say how they suck. Oh, and some of these reviews suck really bad. One said that this guitar sounds better than something that costs over $ 1000. This guitar doesn't cost $ 200 and the other guitar $ 1000 for no reason. Of course the more expensive one costs more because it uses better quality parts and woods.
    Reeder51
    you cant post anything bad about this guitar. i have a mirror image of this thing just about and i cant keep my hands off of the thing. my fingers dance across the fretboard all day and night...cant get enough.
    5t0rM
    The only thing that really isn't that good is the neck. It's a bit too "soft" so it warps often, but truss rod is well made so it can fix it. Amazing quality for this low price.
    FXPenulla
    I have used this guitar for 3-4 years and I have no regrets with it. I have submitted a review for this guitar and is hoping it gets approved. Anyway please check some demo videos of my guitars I have on YouTube: Ibanez GAX30