GAX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX70

I play different types of rock mostly punk and a little bit of the 70's stuff (Black Sabbath e.t.c.) it suits these styles quite well especially punk. Also you could get away with metal very easily. With distortion the bridge pickup tends to get a little weird sounding kind of deep and chucky..which can be an advantage but also a hassle. I run it through a VOX 15R which is I think supposed to be a 15 watt however the back of the amp says 20.. either way the amp gives it excellent sound. I need no pedals but for convenience I'm getting a distortion one. All over all this is a great sounding guitar.

This like I said is an excellent guitar especially for my 1st electric and I'm very reliable towards it. It's very durable and I definitely reccomend this guitar especially if it's your 1st!!! I think people should buy nicer guitars...not perfect..but nice for their first instead of things like Squire Strat starter packs which seems to be the common choice.

I would definitely use this in a gig without a back-up I have complete trust in it. It doesn't dent or ding...very strong body! Strap buttons are metal and very sturdy have roated at all! Finish stays on great.

When purchased there were no issues and no things to fix. It has an amazing black finish... nice and shiny! However it gets finger prints VERY easily and also there looks like theres little scratches from the pick but they whipe off. The pick-ups are excellent but you should keep them clean.

I dont pay too much attention on memorizing the types of wood and things but this guitar as you can see is a dual humbucker 22-fret masterpiece. I know for a fat the fret board is rosewood and the neck is generally slim. This is also a 2-tone 2-volume 3-way selector... take now this is my second guitar and 1st electric one.. I've played on MANY but this is my 1st one owned I've played for about 8 months (I'm 14).