GAX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX70

Purchased from: eBay

I've only played guitar for about 5 months, but this guitar is great for what I can play like ska and rock. I'm just playing through a crappy Johnson practice amp. You can get a clean sound, but you'll have to work with the tone knobs and amp settings. This sucker also screams if you want it to.

I can't play any cool music since I've been playing less than 1/2 year but I like B. B. King & rock. I own an Epiphone les paul special, a thrashed memphis Strat copy, and an El Cheapo acoustic. If this got stolen I'd just beat the guy up who took it, then buy another one. One thing I don't like is the uneven weight. The neck is heavier than the body, so it always wants to tip over. But it's really light. I compared it to my Epiphone special, and it stands up pretty good. I added this guitar to my arsenal because of it's extreme cheap price and good features. You should run yourself to the closest music store and get this beautiful baby.

The finish seems like it will become chipped and busted, but the hardware, and strap buttons are solid. I'd gig it without a backup if I had to, but you always need a backup.

The guitar was set up alright, but I bought it used, so that just proves that everything is adjustable to your preference. Although it seemed unabused and fairly new, the finish was cracked in some spots, and the neck was also slightly cracked. Even though it was used, It's pretty hard to crack a neck that new. The only problems were those cosmetic ones.

This is a fabulous Ibanez GAX70, manufactured in Indonesia. It has a bolt-on neck, with 22 frets. This guitar looks great with its double cutaway body, and cherry red finish. It features a 3-way tone Switch, 2 volume, and 2 tone knobs. This guitar is inexpensive but very capable.