GAX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX70

This guitar suits pretty much any music style out there. It is so versatile that you could go from pop to hard rock in a second. I have a 15 watt practice amp and the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal. It sounds really good when it's clean and sound solid when distorted. It isn't noisy or any thing like that and I would say it has a rich/full sound.

I play Staind and Godsmack type stuff and this guitar is great. I would buy this guitar again if it were stolen. I love this guitar. It is a great beginner guitar but I think even advanced and pro-like players would love this guitar also.

This guitar could easily withstand live playing and I would do it w/o a backup and not worry at all. I trust this guitar so much I know it would do just fine. The strap buttons are rock solid on the guitar, I don't think they will ever come loose. The finish is really good. I have played this guitar for hours and hours and hours and hours etc. over the last 7 months that I have owned it and the finish still looks brand new. You couldn't even tell that I had played on it so the finish is really really good.

The guitar was set-up really well from the factory. 2 bad things about it though. The input jack on the guitar is usually loose so you just twist to tighten it but it doesn't mess up the sound at all. The other thing is there was a really tiny crack/chip in the finish but you have to actually be looking for it to find, it's that tiny. Since those 2 things though don't mess up sound or playing ability or anything like that and the chip/crack is so tiny I will give it a 5.

Double cutaway body, 22 frets, maple neck, dual-humbucking pickups, 3-way Switch, mine is silver, 2 volume and tone knobs.

jordblair
    my brother gave me one of these guitar an lemme tell ya it's great, never let me down except for the knobs and the input jacks become loose easily but oh well. great reviews guys IBANEZ ROCK