GAX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX70

Purchased from: eBay

This guitar will suit most music styles out there. I play mostly hard rock and some punk with a little bit of metal here and there. I am running it thru a Peavey Blazer 158 amp with an Ibanez SM7 Smash Box Distortion Pedal. This guitar is not noisy at all, with very little feedback, if any. With the selector Switch all the way back, it makes the brightest clean sound, and with it forward it makes a more bass-like sound. This guitar can scream if you want it to. Distorted it sounds awesome with no feedback or buzzing. This will make pretty much any noise you want it to.

I play music like Chevelle mostly, some Green Day, Shinedown, and things in between and it is perfect for the job. It goes thru all of the different tunings with ease (like A#, F, A#, D#, G, C & B, F#, B, E, G#, C# for Chevelle to Standard for Green Day and Shinedown and all of the drop - d and standard tunings in between. I have been playing self taught for 9 months and I also have a crappy walmart Strat ripoff, a Peavey Raptor Plus EXP and a recently purchased Schecter Deluxe 4 bass. If it were stolen/lost, I would hunt that person down and kick their ass and take it back. This guit rox my sox off.

I haven't played live yet but I jam pretty hard with my friends, and it seems to be pretty sturdy. The hardware seems like it will last forever, but when I go to take the strings off the tuners get a little wobbly, but with it tuned they are solid. The strap buttons are pretty solid and will hold, but I am thinking about getting Straplocks, just because. I wouldn't gig anything without a backup, but if I had no choice, I wouldn't have to. The finish will last a long time except the fingerprints I leave on it (which wipe off) cuz it is black.

The action was looooow (just how I like it) with no buzzing. The pickups are adjusted nicely with no flaws I can find. The only real bad thing is that the neck is heavier than the actual body, so it tends to want to go down towards the ground if you are not holding it, and the cord jack gets loose but a quick spin right with my fingers fixes that. Other than that it was fine.

This is a beautiful 22 fret Ibanez GAX 70 electric guitar made in Indonesia. The body is made of agathis, the neck is made of maple, and the finger board of rosewood. Mine is the color 'black night' and the body style is kind of SG-like. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop bar tail piece. There are 2 volume and 2 tone knobs, and a 3-way selector switch.