GAX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX70

I play any kinds of music but mostly blues or rock I can't get a blues tone but with the right effects maybe it's possible. The humbucker makes this guitar great for rock. but this axe doesn't have a great sustain. I use a 10 watts Marshall amp and it sounds great. I have a Boss overdrive and a Ibanez weeping Demon and this guitar is great with them. Great sound! This could play metal, rock, funk or any sorts you just have to set and choose the right effects to get the sound you want.

It match my styles which is funk, blues, classic rock, metal and I think any kinds. I've been playing for almost 1 year and I've tried different kinds of begginer guitars and I think this one is the best. If this was stolen I'd kill the theif who stole this because I had to earn money to have this, although I might not buy it again because I wanna try other guitars but I will miss this one though. I love this guitar it's great and is better than any begginer guitars I've tried. The only thing I hate about this is that this is too heavy for me. I love everything about this axe. I wish it has a whammy bar but I'm contented cause this wouldn't look good with a whammy bar anyway.

You might want to make a few upgrades before you use this axe live because this is a Ibanez gio and gios are not really meant for live playing although in it's current condition it will withstand Live playing if you use a good amp. The hardware will last. Solid strap buttons. Of course I'll have back up in case my strings break. No major problems about my guitar this would last if you don't abuse it.

Great action. Low with no fret buzz. Pickups are a bit high but it's easy to adjust. There are some super tiny flaws but that is only of you pay super close attention to the details, but if not it's flawless. The screws are rusted but I think that's my fault. My tone control knob is also a bit scratchy sometimes.