GAX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX70

Purchased from: local shop

I'm actually playing hard rock and various metal styles, and I have to say it's suits all of them. I'm currently using it with a Fender Frontman 25R, not really good amp for the music I play, a DigiTech Death Metal and Behringer Ultra Flanger. I have to say it's pretty noisy, especially with the bridge humbucker. Using the neck humbucker, you'll get a really rich tone for jazz and even solos, using both humbuckers you get tone between rich and bright tone, and of course the bridge humbucker is mainly for riffs and stuff. with this guitar you can go from blues/jazz to any type of rock, but not heavy stuff.

I play various type of rock, included hard rock, and this guitar doesn't match not with metal and heavy distortion. I've been playin for 7 years. I own an Ibanez RG2550E prestige with a 80 watts Crate amp, don't know the exact model cause it's used, but I know that the preamp is a valve one.

I did 4 concerts with this guitar, and each of it lasted about 2 hours, and I've to say that the hardware is indestructible like the strap buttons. I've never had a backup, but I think is pretty reliable. The finish is pretty good for the price I paied it.

the guitar is set-up perfectly, except for the tuners which I had to screw them up a lot, and the pickups are fine, even thou I'd like to have the bridge one a bit lower. The guitar was nearly perfect except for the noisy pickup selector and the knobs which loose easily.

Well, this babe was made in 2000 and it was made in Indonesia. It has 22 frets, the neck is thin (like most of the Ibanez ones)and it's a maple one (I got the limited edition one, with Epiphone neck). It's of course a solid-top and the body is maple. I got the trasparent one, really cool color! The body is cutaway (similar to the SG) and the bridge is the one of the GAX75 without the D tuner. It has 2 humbuckers and so the selector is 3-way, and knobs are 4: volume and tone for the neck humbucker, and other volume and tone for the bridge humbucker. The pickups are Ibanez (not the best but ok).

Dnalrafcmb3
    Elohel wrote: Despite the glowing reviews, this really isn't a very good guitar at all.
    its a starter guitar....its not going to be your vintage $1000 Ibanez. It's very good for a starter. Very versitile to figure out what style you like. One bad thing was that my button that holds the stap on the end fell off so I had to super glue it back.
    coquet
    I've had this guitar for about 5 1/2 years now, and I still love playing it. I changed out some of the equipment to make it sound better, but it is a great guitar for the price.
    Coasternerd
    This guitar Rocks, Good for Beginners like mentioned before but an overall great guitar.
    Bling Dogg
    I've been playing for 4 years. This is a great guitar to play, especially after upgrading the pickups. It's not just a beginner guitar but good for intermediate level players too. Sounds great, and feels wonderful to play.