GAX70 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX70

Purchased from: Muscians Supplies

Like what other people say, it can be used for a multitude of styles like rock, metal, pop, ect. I'm using an Ibanez 25 watt X-treme amp w/ distort button. It sounds absolutely amazing compared to my friends epiphone. There is a slight noise from the A string when left alone on distort, but other than that, it's good.

in one word: Amazing! 10/10 I usually play rock/metal and it delivers as far as sound. The first day of me playing a guitar was back in 6th grade which was back in...2004. I started out with a First Act Acoustic and then in 8th grade back in '06 that's when I got the guitar I'm reviewing about. If it was stolen, I would get a new one once I got the money. All love, no hate about this guitar.

For the 3 years (4 this christmas) I've been having this guitar, it has dropped I know hundreds of times, beaten up against walls (accedently mind you), rough playing...and not a single problem. I'm sure that this guitar is reliable with live play. The hardware as well is awesome, even though I want to experiment with different pickups, the stock will last. Strap buttons are a dream. They have stayed where they have been placed...but I don't know why they would move or even become loose...that would be clumsy on the maker's part. As for the finish, other than the oil stain from my wrist, it has been as mat as the day I got it. But, there's a few chips where I droped it and it hit a hard, sharp surface. other than that, it's golden.

There's absolutely no flaws except for the little nut where the jack goes into. It's a little loose and needs tightening every once in a while. Other than that though, it's awesome. I'm suppose to put more words in here, but I can't because there's nothing else to say in this section. I'm sorry, but it's part of the requirement...

I have, of course, the Ibanez GAX70 in a solid green color. I want to say the neck is maple and the body is rosewood, but it may be switched. It has 22 frets and 2 humbuckers w/ a 3-way switch. I didn't get anything with it though...just the guitar itself.