GAX70 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Ibanez: GAX70

Purchased from: ebay

I play many styles of rock and experimental type music. Also a lot of metal and some blues and Indie style. This guitar is good really for someone playing rock or metal rhythm, ok for lead but the thick necks makes it hard to fly from fret to fret. I use a Squier Champ 15 Watt, usually put it on a high treble with a bright sound to play lead rock or metal on the Bridge pick-up. Works nice with this, but again, this guitar is definitely best suited for rhythm.

Really to be honest, this guitar is pretty bad quality compared to other guitars, but for 200 dollars new, its definitely worth that money. I'd recommend it for someone starting to play rhythm guitar and looking for something that will last. Stays in tune pretty well, but make sure to tune before every use. The neck can be very sticky, so just rub a little dab of baby oil over the entire neck and you'll be fine. I've only owned two guitars, both cheap and generally lower quality than this, but I've played countless others and say I know a lot about guitars, and for this price, this guitar is great. But this will not suit someone other than a beginner or intermedate player.

I've never played live (this is my second guitar owned), but this could definitely handle a live show. Built like a tank! The hardware and strap buttons are good quality, and the finish hasn't worn off.

I didn't get this guitar new, so I'm not sure about how well it was set up, but the basswood body is nice and light and the fretboard is pretty high quality. The finish isn't good, but it ain't bad either, just Standard black, it can get a little boring.

I bought my GAX70 off ebay used 2 months ago. It was made in Indonesia. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard, has a basswood body and a maple neck. Has a Full Tone bridge, SG style body, and passive humbuckers. 2 volume and 2 tone control knobs. Another cool feature is the tailpiece, so the strings down run through the body.

agrestixrock
    i just bought one for $50. in perfect condition. no nicks, nothin. i got a steal on it.