GAX75 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX75

This guitar is better for smaller gigs, preferably rock and roll style music, but it also sounds punkish if you adjust the settings correctly. Can also pump out metal-like tones as well. When the tone Switch is at its lowest position, the tone is best. At its highest position (2 pickups closest to fretboard), it sounds more like a decent bass guitar. Bright sound when tones are high.

Been using it for a few months seriously. I didn't play it much for the first few months of ownership, but since then it's been 2 hours a day on this sucker. I would, on the other hand, but another guitar if I had to. The best part is the smooth fingerboard, perfect for my size hands. I hate the strings that come with it. I chose this guitar above all because I played it before and liked its flexibility in playing, and because it was in my price range at the time.

It would be able to be played live, but in the long run, it isn't the best fit. I use it as a backup guitar for, like I said, small gigs. I dont like the the strings that come with it, so I changed to Fender Strat Edition Strings.

All the features were made ready to go from the moment it was purchased. No problems have been experienced with any part of the pickups, fretboard, string holders, bridge, drop-d tuner, etc.

This guitar is (I believe) a 2000 model. Being that it was a pure American-factory-made guitar, I trusted to it. 22 frets, but the body almost prevents you from getting that high (it is a cut away design for that kind of access but for some reason it doesn't let you get that high). Solid top, 4 pickups, 3-position tone settings, 2 volume switches and 2 tone switches for corresponding tone Switch position. All the strings attach to the bridge and curl around the back, except for the 6th string. It continues past the bridge to a flip-switch that is used for quick drop-d tuning. This is extremely useful for live playing. Nothing was included with the guitar except an amp cord.