GAX75 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX75

This guitar creates an amazing sound for the music I play (metal, alternative). I'm currently running it through a Crate DSP 30 watt amp, which probably effects the sound, but I wouldn't know, having never used it w/ any other amp. I am also using a Digitech Hotrod Distortion, Reverb, and Delay petal, which help greatly with creating a true "bite" to the guitar's sound. It also sounds very good on the clean channel. It has a great range from sounding great clean, and amazing with the distortion cranked up!

As i said earlier, I play mainly Metal and Alternative Rock, and this guitar is a perfect match. It can match those sounds you hear coming out of the pros and in my opinion can sound even better! This is the first guitar I have bought, and I know that if I had to I would choose it alll over again! My favorite feature is the Drop-D tuner, which is perfect for quickly making your low E a low D. It is also useful when dropping your entire tuning down one step, all you need to do is drop the Switch and use relative tuning and your set! This is an all around great guitar for the aspiring Metal or Rock Guitarist! Go and see for youself!

This was the first guitar that I have ever bought, and it has lasted for about three years already. The only mark that I have even made on the thing was while looking for guitar tab while sitting at my computer and I accidentally smashed the thing into the edge of the table, creating a small gash, which is not noticable at all. The finish seems to be in great shape, and i know I can depend on this guitar. I wouldnt go as far as saying that I'd play a gig with out a backup guitar, but I know this guitar is dependable!

I haven't really had to make any adjustments since I bought the guitar, it hasn't really lost any of its great tone. If it ever does, I just change the strings and its sounding good as new!

American Made, 22 Large Frets (all of which are easily accessible), 2 Humbucker Pickups, 3 Way Pick-up selection Switch, Agathis Body, Chrome Tuning Heads, Pearl Inlay Fret Markers, Short Stop Bridge w/ Drop-D tuner.