GAX75 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GAX75

Purchased from: A friend

It's tone and sound is overall amazing! I use this guitar to play things like Suicide Silence to Metallica, or any type of metal. I use a DigiTech RP250 multi effects pedal to make it work at its full capacity and I use a 15 watt Marshall, I put in a EMG H4 for the neck pick up but I have yet to put another EMG in it for the Bridge (short on cash now a days) But the stock pick up on the Bridge still does an amazing job, I mostly play fast riffs from bands like August Burns Red or The Black Dahlia Murder it does the job!

I love this guitar. I can play any style of music with it and I'm sure I'll own this guitar for the rest of my my life if I can. I've been playing for 4 years, and I've owned it for 3. I hope that this guitar will never be stolen! Because theres not many on the internet anymore it makes me want to buy another for back up. The only thing I dislike about it is that it didn't have better pick ups. I've played a lot of other Ibanez guitars and they all seem great but this one and the RGA 's are the best guitars I've played.

I would definitely use this guitar in any gig its completely reliable! All its features will last for a long time I play it everyday for about 4 hours or so and I take good care of my guitars so it will last for years to come for sure. No doubt this is possibly one of the best guitars I've owned.

The finish was completely gone when I got it. Its still grey but theres only one shiny part to it. I dont care for the color anyways. Every other detail about the guitar is still in perfect condition. I got it from a friend for 90 bucks about 2 years ago and its still in the same condition as I got it, Clean and no scratches or dents. The neck is my favorite part over all though its fast and easy to move along on and you can reach every single fret without a problem!

American Made, 22 Large Frets (all of which are easily accessible), 2 Humbucker Pickups, 3 Way Pick-up selection Switch, Agathis Body, Chrome Tuning Heads, Pearl Inlay Fret Markers, Short Stop Bridge w/ Drop-D tuner. But I removed the unnecessary drop D tuner and I'd hit my funny bone multiple times with the damn thing being there in my opinion in looked stupid so I removed it.

alirexrock23
    There was a write up above that said this guitar has 4 pick ups. A pair of humbuckers are 2 pick ups. You could wire them as single coils too but this guitar definately has 2. It also said that this guitar would suit small gigs. Why small gigs? It makes no sense whatsoever. The difference between a small gig and a large one is just volume which is what amplifiers and PA's are for. When people say ''I would use a back up guitar'. Playing a gig is not any harder on a guitar than if you are playing in your home.If the person has had the guitar for 3 years with no problems why would they feel it wouldn't last a gig. Loads of famous musicians use cheap guitars, Danelectros have been used by Clapton, Pagey, Link Wray and Jimi. Kurt Cobain used Univoxes. Jack White is known for cheap guitars. I collect guitars and 'live' I use a Steinberger with custom pick ups. If I use a back up(which is only sensible to take) it totally messes my ideal sound up. This guitar will last decades if you look after it.