GIO review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Ibanez: GIO

Price paid: C$ 211

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store Back in 2003

Awesome for distortion, alternative rock and jazz (if you can, only). Roland Cube 30 with built sounds effects and distortions make this guitar sound like Steve Vai's guitar. But I somehow always put less Bass, less Middle and more Treble so I can use the 3-way pickups to get the right sound needed. In clean sound, the last three strings tend to sound so loud, I kinda got use to do sensitive picking. For metal, who in the funk cares, it sounds awesome!

I like how it easily sound like Metallica and my Idol Steve Vai. It sounds amazing in distortion and other sounds related to it. I don't consider it for classical or reggae. I don't regret buying it. Someone stealing is in for an assassination lol. I never really wanted an another guitar or exchange it, or whatever. I always was pretty confident with it and how it was capable of. I love having this guitar around. It's been 8 years now. Rock on my friends!

I have it for 8 years and counting. Plays well live. The sound will pretty much stay nice as long as you treat it like your woman. Downside: When I jammed with my friends, I was jumping up and down so hard that the strap screw, closer to the neck, just snapped. And I was given no choice but to screw it back on around it. The nut is in platic (I think), it eventually got over-used from tuning a million times. I put aluminium over the nut now. It's still a reliable guitar if you don't go all out punk rock on stage, it can go solo without a backup.

The body is comfy & thin. The finishing stays shiny. I had to adjust my pickups after a certain time and it's kinda complicated to adjust it. So when it sounds right enough, you best leave it alone. You can damage it, too. The frets feel great, really easy touchy and it will certainly make you look good. Comfortable when you're laid back, sitting down... Heck, I even play lying in bed.

I bought it back in 2003 (so you see how it's still lasting), made in China (didn't pay attention to it since it's a nice guitar). Pretty basic. 22 frets, rosewood, thin and good for my piano hands (lol). All black, really nice when you polish it, shines everywhere when you're on stage. Volume, Tone, 3-way pickup. Mine doesn't have a tremolo bar, but has the Tremolo Barhole to mock me lol Nah, I don't really need it.