GIO review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Ibanez: GIO

Purchased from: some guitar shop in Ohio

The sound is okay its not great but not bad I play all kinds of music and it didn't sound good playing classic rock it played better when you played alternative rock and metal. But it has no fuzz and its pretty clear just has a weird sound to it but you get used to it after awhile.

I play all kinds of music and if you play metal or modern rock then this is a nice starter guitar for you I've been playing for about 5 years and this is one of the best starter guitars I've played. If I lost it I wouldn't get another 1 bc I think I over payed big time for it. The only thing that I loved about it was how long the neck was and the whammy bar.

I think it would survive live playing. Well depends if your hardcore rough then it wouldn't last. But the hardware would last forever I play that guitar ALOT and I got it the day it was made and it still sounds perfect. The strap buttons aren't that great the strap slips off all the time. The finish can last a long time if you don't bump it alot but not from playing.

The factory did a pretty good job putting it together it had no flaws and the bridge was lined up perfect the pick-ups were not lose and everything was in prestine condition not a scratch ding nothing. I wish more guitars would come out of the factory like this. I've bought alot of guitars that the neck was bowed out or the bridge need tweaked so I'll give this a perfect score.

It is a 2003 model and it was made in indonesia I think. It has 22 frets with a maple neck. It has a gloss finish and a floating bridge. It has 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob and a three way selector and double humbuckers and a single coil pick-ups. And it dodnt come with anything when I bought the guitar not a strap strings nothing. So I think I got ripped.

dicknoran
    I think by reading all of the above comments, that there is more than a few variations of the gio, mine is an all black 24 fret without a pick guard. I have been playing for 5 years now, and the last 3 I have been playing my gio daily without any problems. I also have an rg350ex and an epiphone, and play them through my vox vt50 and my line 6 spider IV 75w. With my gio I keep it tuned to sharp c drop b for slipknot and other low heavy stuff, and unless i bang it or constantly bend on it for hours on end, it stays perfectly in tune. As for the sound, I prefer it over my other guitars for metal or hard rock. I think for the price and playability of it, you cant go wrong.
    cynicavon
    I like my GIO. It was cheap and is great to continue learning. Mine hardly ever goes out of tune and and its one hell of a reliable instrument (Well for me) one day i will buy something better but for now I'm sticking with it. Maybe i was lucky and got a really reliable guitar, possibly because it wasn't made in china
    C.O.B.
    Ok so I'm going to set you straight with this. You are using a standerd Chinese made guitar. DO NOT BUY GUITARS MADE IN CHINA! Any guitar from there is made with FLEXABLE PINE WOOD . Since the pine wood is flexable the guitar will never keep tune and will also never sound correct. A guitar made anywhere else is made from a less flexable wood. I believe this wood is mapple ,but I can't say for sure I havn't looked into it.