GIO Mikro review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Ibanez: GIO Mikro

The sound on the guitar is absolutely horrible. If your amp uses heavy overdrive, it's going to sound like nails on a chalkboard. It's really used for basic notes, almost for people just learning how to play the guitar. If you play almost any chord while it's in an amp, you're going to get the worst sound you will ever hear out of that amp. I really suggest you change the pickups if you can. It really needs it.

My overall impression on this was kind of mixed. The style of music I play is pretty much anything. I play heavy metal, general rock, a very little bit of blues, and many others. I've been playing for 7-8 years now, and I've had much better than this guitar. I also own a Squire Bullet, which was actually another pretty bad guitar, it was like this guitar, but the opposite. The sound on that guitar was good, but it didn't last very long. The one thing I wish I would've asked before buying this is what is the average customer's rating on this guitar. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably go buy a different guitar. I love this guitar's durability and it's style, but I can not stand the sound. The sound is what completely kills this guitar. I would compare this to my squire bullet, just because I want others to know to never get these kind of guitars. A Squire Strat would be a perfect start or a guitar for a long-time player. I really wish this guitar had better pickups and a 5-way selector. It's an alright guitar, but I don't really recommend it.

If it didn't sound so bad, I would trust this guitar to play every concert for the next ten or more years. It's a really nice built guitar, it just sounds horrible. The hardware will definitely last on this guitar. The strap buttons are better than any other I've seen so far. I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup though, because it just sounds so bad. The finish is actually amazing. I've rarely seen an Ibanez finish go bad unless it's used almost every day for the next ten-twelve years, and even then it doesn't get too messed up. The finish is amazing, but the sound is absolutely horrible.

The guitar's finish and fit were pretty nice. It looked like a pretty basic design, but a little bit of the Ibanez style to it. The pickups were adjusted pretty well, except they sound horrible. I highly recommend you switch them if possible. The bride and top were perfect. I haven't had a problem with it. The 3-way selector doesn't really do too much on this guitar, but it's not a serious problem. The controls were actually pretty good, a few flaws with it here and there, but not bad.

I'm not really sure what year it was made, because I got it used. The version I got was the GIO Mikro, and it had the full 22 fret neck. Like I said, I couldn't tell much from it because it was used, so I can't say some features. The body style was like a Strat (which isn't huge for Ibanez). The controls that were given were a volume, tone, and a 3-way selector. The pickups on this thing are horrible, if at all possible, you should change them. They're extremely sensitive and if you're right in front of a TV or a PC, it's going to make a horrible buzzing sound. It has pretty much basic non-locking tuners, you would probably find these on many guitars.

MaggaraMarine
    Ahh, dude... This guitar is designed for children aged 7-8 not for people who have been playing for 7-8 years! I don't get it. Why did you buy this guitar because it's 3/4 scale? And what did you expect it to sound like because it's so cheap.
    Basti95
    Almost for people just learning to play guitar
    Well...that's what it's for, isn't it?
    !SOAD!
    Picture = 24 fret. Your mikro = 22 fret. Something isnt right, your guitar isnt a mikro then. Ibanez copy?
    grimms
    What do you expect from a childs guitar? If you've been playing for 7/8 years im pretty sure you would rather go after something that definitely sounds good, like and S series or RG. Its a cheapo guitar thats why it sounds bad.
    MaggaraMarine
    And why is this guy buying some crappy Squier Bullet and Ibanez Mikro if he has been playing for 7 years? I would never even look at this kind of guitars especially if I had been playing for that long.
    Maybe he can't count?