GIO Mikro review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GIO Mikro

I only play heavy metal and hard rock, and this guitar definitely met my expectations, but also definitely did not exceed them in any way. I have only used this guitar with the amp I purchased with the instrument which is an IBZ1G 10 watt amp. The sound is very very sensitive, I could barely touch a single string and a whole lot of noise would come out. This was frustrating at times.

Like I said I play heavy metal and hard rock but I don't think my style and this instrument are a very good match. It has been tolerable though. If it was stolen I would probably look for it, but not for long. It has been a whole lot of fun however and been very good beginners guitar.

I would not play this guitar live, I would only use it for practice or for fun. The hardware would not last I don't think, and the strap buttons are not all that sturdy. The finish however has lasted for a while and I'm sure it will for a while still. I have played it excessively and the finsh on the body is still great.

The guitar seemed perfect when I got it and also after playing it for a week or two. The headstock gets dinged up pretty easily but other than that this guitar looks like its been gently used, maybe played for about a half hour every other day for a few months, but I assure you its been play for at least an hour a day for almost six months.

This guitar has 24 medium size frets with a basswood body and a maple neck. It has a 3-way selector and one tone knob and one volume. After having this guitar for about 6 months I noticed how easily I could be playing and the volume knob be turned accidentally and screw up my volume. When I bought it it came with a fairly decent tuner, a gig bag, a 10 watt practice amp, a cable, a strap, and a few picks.