GRG07 LDT-2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG07 LDT-2

This guitar suits the styles that fall between hard rock and death metal (throw a little techno sound when you have the pickup Switch facing the neck, and the tone Switch down). I am using a Peavy Rage amp, and it sounds sooo good. It has a very nice, clean sound. This guitar (because of the added trem bar) can make a whole whack of sounds. I, personally, can make the divebomb noise, the motorbike noise, and the pac-man/ghost noise. But there probably is a lot of sounds I don't even know about that it can make.

This is one amazing guitar. I recommend it to anyone Who wants a nice metal guitar. So remember though, don't be spending all of your time trying to find this. I think it is limited edition, Spring only, (though I got mine the end of August, so there may still be hope).

Durability has always been a problem with good guitars. Fortunately, this guitar is really, really durable. I have knocked it into walls (by accident) and it has dropped more than once (from laying in different places). If I were gonna play a gig, I would go on without a backup, any day. The finish will last a long time, as well.

No flaws in this guitar. It is all aligned so perfectly, it is like God himself said something like "Let there be the most amazing metal axe ever created!" The most amazing guitar I have ever seen (don't hate on me, I have o find things to say to fill space, or else I can't submit the review).

This guitar was made fairly recently, as part of the Ibanez 2007 Spring Special Extreme Gears. I believe it is limited edition, but I don't know. Anywho, it has 24 frets, a fairly good sized neck, and features 2 knobs, 1 volume, and one tone, and a 5-way pickup selector. It has an all white body with blood splatter finish, (one of the coolest parts of it), and features a non-locking trem (it just kind of hangs there). It has a GRG body style, and a basswood body.

Conehead
    MetalMilitia212 : That looks like an overall shitty guitar. I'm thinking whoever wrote this just got his first guitar and thinks it's the hottest shit on the planet. Also, Berman Li fanboy alert.
    This isn't my first guitar, and plus it is some of the hottest s**t on the planet. Plu shis name is Herman Li. And he is cool.
    Rokeman
    um, i looked that guitar up on google, and according to other sites it's actually called the: GRG07 LT D-2. But still awesome as guitar!
    Tedward
    its like 350 canadian i think. i like the paintjob, there is a black and blood one as well with a locking tremolo and its a bit more expensive. i was thinking about getting one of them but i wasnt sure if they could compete with a standard RG. im assuming that the neck is unfinished maple, which i like, but is the finish just paint or is it got like a clear coat layer over top. FAT 10 bridge and INF pickups im pretty sure i think i may buy this guitar unless i get a 7 string
    convictionless
    it has power sound pickups or something but i know in the ibanez description of the pickup they said it was high gain and high output without sounding muddy so good for good ol metat
    koerok
    ok there is NO guitar that scores on evrytihing a 10. i mean i know its not fun to face it. but every guitar has its downsides. even yours so quit that 10 rating stuff
    guilty
    I like the paintwork. So awesome, wish that i have a guitar like that..
    rockmachine666
    everybody's goin awesome finish, awesome finish but i dont see wats so incredibly special about it. sure, the whole bloodspatter thing is cool, but to me it just turns fuzzy pink at the bottom.
    _SamuraI_
    Conehead wrote: I wrote this review (didnt log in thought, kinda forgot) and the guitar was $302 (Canadian (after tax)) and the finish is actually amazing, and it actually feels like spray paint.
    Maybe...it is actual spraypaint.
    ISM
    Isn't it the same as the GRG170DX accept no middle pickup and a different paintjob? I don't think i like the blood splatter, but then again I haven't seen it up close. MVL.
    Oradicle
    I think this is not worth anyone of the 10 maybe an 7.5 or 8 but de real 10 should go out to GRG07LTD1 I got one and tested both versions in my local guitar store but this isn;t worth any ten if you want to buy a real good guitar collect al little more money and buy the GRG07LTD1 it's way better anyway.
    Wampa_One
    Wow. I actually think this might be your first guitar. I don't think I know anybody who refers to a non locking trem as a trem with the arm just "hanging" Locking means that there is a locking nut to keep the strings in tune. NOOB! pwnt
    crazy_eyez_17
    i found the white with bblood splater finish in toronto at steve's music and it was dirt cheap so i grabed it up as fast as posibble i got it for 289 it kicks some good metal beats
    crazy_eyez_17
    he means that the tremelo arm does'nt screw in like floyd rose trems it jus slides in so you can pull it out or stick it in..in a matter of secounds....youll have to try one b4 you can critisize it so shad up!
    Wampa_One
    I know what he meant of course. He just didn't us the right terminology for it. I have played it, in fact, my friend owns a similar one. There are a couple of good things about it. Like playability and umm, thats about it. The pickups suck and it never stays in tune. Go for a more expensive ibanez with dimarzios at least
    Conehead
    Hey, I had to buy the guitar myself, or I would have gotten a better one. Also, I'm thinking of replacing the pickups and the bridge.
    Wampa_One
    good choice. And try to change the tuners as well. Then its a pretty nice axe
    warpthrone
    I own thisguitar and apart form the pickups, its pretty good, you cant nock it for 200 the only other bad piont is that it hasnt got the "true" ibanez logo on the head.
    N-U
    I got one to and its the best guitar i have ever played on. And it looks so ****ing good!
    MetalMilitia212