GRG07 LDT-2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG07 LDT-2

Purchased from: Local music store

I believe this is a metal guitar. I really like it's sound, even without the distortion pedal I use. I play this axe through a cheap Crate amp and I use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal. With this guitar and this pedal, I can get the heaviest tones I have ever heard in a guitar. I play using the pickup selector facing down completely, and when I play wothout the distortion, the selector goes all the way up. Whatever song I'm playing, clean or distorted, this guitar makes it sound right.

For the music I play with my band, which can include old-school rock like Guns, ACDC, Sabbath, etc nd going all the way to punk and metalcore like Bullet for My valentine, Atreyu, and the old Trivium; this guitar has got what it takes to get a good sound out of our playing. I wish it never gets stolen cuz I'd find it really hard to get a new one. I had to choose this guitar, or an Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio. I'm a fan of Epiphone's, so at first I regretted it, but now, I'm really satisfied with this great axe.

I've played Live with this guitar, using only my 15w amp and my distortion pedal. I'm a really intense guitarist, so I move the guitar a lot and change positions and it has never fallen off. The strap buttons are tight into the body, and my Gibson strap makes a really good job as well. The finish and the body seem quite resistant, because when transporting it from place to place it has been hit on wall and on the floor and the wood has not fallen off or anything. Seems to me this guitar could last years with the proper maintenance.

The hardware is really good quality. The pickups are in a great position, and the guitar has none of it's components loose. The tremolo, even though it's non-locking, doesn't fall off when you're playing onstage and moving the guitar a lot. The bridge doesn't tune out the strings when you use the tremolo, and that's a really big advantage of this guitar. The neck is really comfortable, even when reaching the sixth string's 24 fret.

First of all, my guitar is not the GRG07 LTD-2, it's a GRG07 LTD-1. I think the only difference between the two models is the color of the body and the hardware, and the incrustations in their 24 frets. This guitar is satin black, with the blood splatter graphic that the LTD-2's got too. Black hardware, non-locking tremolo bridge, tone and volume knobs and a five-way pickup selector. It was made in Indonesia, and it's a really rare guitar. Features two Ibanez humbuckers that sound really sweet. It also has locks in the top of the neck to prevent it from going out of tune.

jkjk354
    this is a relly good guitar...i have one just like it. like the paint the pickups evrything.
    rokkit
    Jak-666 wrote: how much in GBP?
    I got one for 130 a few weeks ago brand new
    a1b1c1
    I have one like this, very impressed, i am thinking of going the emg 81/60 route on this one? what do you guys think? i play metal