GRG07 LDT-2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG07 LDT-2

Purchased from: Music corner ( South-Africa )

I play all sorts of music from metal to blues, but mostly metal like metallica, acdc, guns and roses and sometimes a little hendrix stuff. I have found that this guitar is best suited for metal, the pups give you an insane sound when distorted and a brilliant sound when playing clean on the neck pick - up ( selestor Switch all the way up. ) I am using a spider iv 75w Line 6 and man there isn't a sound or effect you can't get out of this combination... lots of variety thanks to the amp, I can use 6 effects at the same time with my amp... INSANE!

This guitar is metal all the way its a very good match but can also satisfy the blues kinda guys beleive me...hardware looks great and of good quality... I would buy the same one if it gets stolen but if I find the guy who stole it this guitar of mine is gonna have a blood stain extra on it hahaha.. The only thing I think I would change in terms of the sound and build is from Standard open humbuckers to the 81/60 active emg's, I personnaly think that is the best combo for metal with the 60 giving bright clean tones and big lows too and the 81 providing that chugga chugga palm mute metal sound, looks sleek with EMG logo on and a new toggle switch...

My guitar is almost a year old now and I travel alot, really really reliable. Can last a lifetime if taken care off... The finish does not get dirty as fast as a glossy guitar big up on the finish, will use it playing gigs without a backup yeah anytime! totally dependable! Strap buttons is amazing I like the top one it's placed kinda downwards so you can jump and go crazy and the strap stay's in place!

For the price you pay this is the best bang for buck! Very well assembled nothing is loose feels solid, kinda heavy but I like it that way, the pickups is very well balanced and at different heights that just brings out that rick Ibanez tone.. love the fat bridge looks old-school and not as difficult to restring as a floyd rose... the neck is thin and lightning fast. This guitar is flawless from foot to toe! love the skark tooth inlay's

This Guitar was made in Indonesia in 2007, 24 medium frets with pearl sharktooth inlays, pure white body with red blood splatter. Looks freakin insane! Bolt on wizard ii thin maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and a black headstock, FAT 10 non locking tremelo bridge. Standerd Ibanez passive humbuckers, Strat style basswood body, volume and tone control knobs in black and a 5-way selector switch. Came with a Gator hardcase.

a1b1c1
    Wanna ask my bro Robert janse van rensburg to place his honest reveiw on this guitar...