GRG07LTD-1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG07LTD-1

Purchased from: Sound & Image

My musical style is metal, and through my amp (Marshall VS65R) it sounds fantastic. It does shred tones perfectly, scrubs up nicely for rock and metal and is decent when clean too. So great all round. The sound is extremely variable, and the added benefit of a 5-way pickup switch for 2 humbuckers basicly allows you to coil tap the pickups. It doesn't quite have the tone of a Seymour Duncan JB but is reminiscent of a DiMarzio D-Activator.

This guitar is absolutely amazing for the money and suits my style very well. I have been playing for 2 years and I own a Jackson KVX10, a Dean VX, a Jackson KE3, a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, a BC Rich NT Warlock and a Dean EVO XM. While this isn't the best guitar I own, it certainly comes close and I recommend this guitar for a cash-strapped metal fan or aspiring shredder.

This guitar will withstand Live playing and heavy abuse. The hardware will last, the strap has only fallen off once (but being a light guitar, they may need some changing). I can depend on it but I would take my Jackson KVX10 as well. The finish is good enough to last and isn't prone to fingerprints.

The action was not as low as my Jackson KVX10 but still pretty low when I got it. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, but rhe noisy pickup switch is the only flaw here. The finish is absolutely amazing to look at, even close up and the blood theme is continued on the back as well.

This guitar was made in 2007 in Japan and features a basswood body, bolt-on comfort contoured maple neck, 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard, Ibanez PSDM pickups (H-H), a RG style body, an Edge Pro tremolo, 1 tone, 1 volume, a 5-way pickup selector Switch and die-cast tuners. It comes in black with eerie blood splats.

Gryphon999
    i love the finish of the guitar, u forgot to mention that you can feel the blood spats (forgot the right word for it). And what about the tremolo?
    whencowsfart101
    Kel_the_Gr81 wrote: 5-way pickup selector Switch for two humbuckers?
    Yeah, it's like having a coil tap.
    whencowsfart101
    Shun1010 wrote: id say instead of buying a bunch of cheap guitars you should buy 1 expensive one. That's what I did (except I have 2 electric guitars, one was $350 and the other was $1000)
    Good idea. I'm thinking about a custom Carvin guitar, does anyone have any experience with them?
    whencowsfart101
    rancidryan wrote: 189 with an edge pro righhhhht.....
    No it is (I wrote the review when I wasn't logged in). It was modded with an Edge Pro.
    anonamouslyevil
    Shun1010
    rhoadrunner
    seven guitars... if i knew where you lived i would rob you in your sleep (or in your wake it doesnt matter)
    wafl
    and also the GRGs usually dont have locking tuners so the tremolo is not worth it
    wafl
    ive been playing twice as long and only have 1 guitar
    Mikehugo2415
    Like Rancid said, unless it was used, and someone modded it, there's no way it came with an Edge Pro. It probably has an Edge III, which are made very differently than the Edge Pros.
    whencowsfart101
    anonamouslyevil wrote: these have the edge III, not the edge pro. if you gave 189 (pounds sterling) for this you got a good deal (if you choose to call it a "good" deal). i've never seen one under 200 used..... i wonder how many people got sucker punched by ibanez calling this "limited?" to each his own...
    It was a good deal. My friend got one for 120 new off eBay.