GRG170DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG170DX

This guitar suits my music style well. I play lots of metal and rock but the guitar also sounds great on clean chanels aswel for your indy/blues type of music. I am playing it through a Peavey Bandit 112 and the combination works just great. The neck pickups are great for playing solo's and the bridge pickups work well with more distortion.

Well if the only things that you can find wrong with a guitar is that the finish gets dirty easily and that it goes out of tune quicker than you'd like then you are doing pretty well. It is truly a fantastic guitar and I would reccomend it to any guitar player of any level for infinite durability and reliability. It also does what you buy a guitar for in the first place, produce great sound!

I still haven't played this guitar Live but will be soon later on this month and I am confident that it will perform for me. I will not be taking my old guitar as a back up as I trust it entirely. All the hardware seems pretty solid and looks as though it will last. The strap buttons are solid and so I don't think there is any chance of them coming off (any guitar players nightmare). One of my only critics of this guitar would be that it doesnt't stay in tune massively well. I have heard that fitting the other tremelo spring supplied counteracts this problem but want to keep my whammy bar which is also great by the way.

When the guitar turned up it was almost perfectly set up for me, the action was set up perfectly with no fret buzz but at the same time very easy to play. As I have mentioned before the guitar came with the bridge set up and almost perfectly tuned. I have yet to find any flaws with this guitar.

It was made 2007 in indonesia. It has 24 mid-size frets with a rosewood fretboard. It has a Beautiful finish described as 'jewel blue' which looks just great when it's polished up but gets dirty very easily with fingermarks etc. The guitar has two humbuckers and a single coil. The actual guitar has controls for Volume, tone and a 5 way pickup selector. The guitar was fully tuned up when I got it but had no strap or gi bag. It did come with Tools, whammy bar and a crappy cable.

ddusandu
    guitarfreak222
    ddusandu wrote: HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE: This guitar or Fender Squier Strat ? not stratocaster - strat..
    this guitar the strat sucks ass compared to this guitar trust me ive tryed one
    MarkCP
    soo i wrote a review on this guitar...and i said nice things about it. most of them were probably wrong...its a shitty guitar. don't buy it. you can get a nice fender for a much better price