GRG170DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG170DX

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I Play metalcore/deathcore msuci from As I Lay Dying to Parkway Drive to Cradle Of Filth.etc. So It Catches those tones quite easily with it running through a Peavey Rage 158 (Transtube) wiht a Danelectro Distortion Pedal. The EQ on my amp sounds amazing wiht the Low-10, Mid-2, High-10 which gives it a beefy edgy metal sond to it. And With the pedal giving just the right amount of high gain I want the 5 way selector catches the tones amazingly. It Produces the tones amazingly bright and hte Harmonics sound awesome.

It matches my Style of music perfectly with the right amps such as a Vox or a amrshall even better and a ML2 Boss... man sounds like heaven in your hands. I've been playing for bout 1 1/2 yaer now and it sounds great wiht a lespaul/fender/ibanez tones. I would have liked a Floyd Rose but for a guitar this much suits it perfectly. If It Was Lost I'll be sure to buy another hands down (maybein another color) but defenitly the same one.

fro some reason this happens wiht al my guitars there's a chiup in every single side and on this guitar it was quite easily chipped showing the wood of the guitar. but quickly covered it with sharpie:). The strap buttons are larger than my Squier and not easily falling off but I would recomment that you get strap loks just fro the security to do flips and shit on it. iI Have used it as my main guitar (siimply because I would never use my Squier for Live play come on... ), but there was no feedback or buzzing it was setup amazingly at so it sounds great.

Well since it was Sam Ash it was hanging there just staring at me (through the finish of course... ) And the setup was great, no tto low or to high.th rpickups did not need to be lowered or raised they were amazing.Th only thing I don't like is that since it's a HSH setu guitar there's not much room to pick. But other than that it was amzing. The finihs was quite annoying since I gto black gloss. The fingerprints are quite easy to show up on it.

Mine is a 2008 model fairly new got it christmas eve. It was made in Indonesia, with everything coming amzingly how I wanted it. It has 24 jumbo frets wiht the cool Sharktooth Inlays on a Rosewood fretboard and a light weight basswood body. With a laminiated top, with a Black High Closs finish (which gets annoying by the way). Looks Sexy though)Featuring a double Cut away Body with Powrsound Pickups and a FAT 10 tremolo. A 5-way selctor Switch wiht the amazing HSH setup.