GRG170DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG170DX

Purchased from: Raj Musicals in Delhi, india

If you are one of those players who play a bit of hard rock and stuff like Metallica or Nirvana, this is a treat for you at especially this cost (but do make sure that you buy a REAL good quality amp. With it. I got a Roland Cube 15XL that sounds perfect with this Ibanez). The Amp. Has 4 effects (Extreme, Distortion, Overdrive, Metal).

I've been playing this guitar for about 2 months now. I play some Nirvana, Metallica stuff and a lot of Bryan Adams and some soft music. Plus I play a lot of Hindi songs as well. If it were stolen, I'd surely buy this again! I wish that the finish was a little better but hello! You're paying only $295 for it! What more could Ibanez have had fit in this awesome guitar! If you are a student who's been playing an Acoustic for like a year or two and you need to Switch to an electric one, go to the store and buy it with your eyes closed. This is the best one in the market for intermediates and beginners!

This guitar will surely withstand live playing. The strap buttons are quite solid and the finish is good enough to last but a little hard to maintain.

The Action is the best in this category, though I'm a little siappointed with its "glossy" finish mainly because it is a little hard to maintain because you need to wipe those handprints on it quite regularly!

This Ibanez is a China made guitar but sold all over the world. This was first manufactured in 2004. This is one of those guitars that can be categorized into "tested and working fine" guitar. With a maplewood neck, 24 medium sized frets it feels extremely smooth to play on. But what adds to the look are the Sharktoth Inlays!... I'd recommend you to buy the Cherry Red instead of the Black (mainly because I was bored of friends around me buying only black electric guitars)... It has a floating tremelo and a configuration of H-S-H. This is the best pick-up option that could have been given by any company to Beginners or Intermediates! Though I still feel that this is not the best guitar tremelo in this category of guitars!