GRG170DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GRG170DX

This guitar can play anything you can imagine! First of all I use it with a Marshall which can guarantee you an amazing sound for all styles. Metal and rock are genres that this guitar absolutely nails! I don't know if it reaches the sound of a more expensive guitar, this is my first guitar, but it is very satisfying. The 5 choices you have over the pick-ups give you a vast variety of clean sounds. From the classic blues sound to funk and acoustic. Whatever music you like this guitar will play it up to its full potential!

This is perfect for metal/rock but good for every other genre. If I lost it I'd buy it again instead of getting something else. I love everything about it. The only bad thing about it is that when you tune it down (e.g. drop C, drop B etc) the other strings go up for some reason and it needs a little patience to tune all the strings (like 2-4 minutes). Other than that I'd say that this is a kick-a-s guitar!

I have only used this guitar live, twice and it didn't dissapoint me. I have bumped it on a desk a couple of times but never dropped it. Also there is no problem with the strap buttons what'soever. They are very big so it simply can't fall off when your playing live (or standing at home). This is definitely a guitar that you can depend on without a back up. I've had it for almost 1 year and it looks like I will have it for a very long time before I save up to get a better one. Its got lots to give you!

I got the guitar delivered just fine, no problem at all. It took about 8 days from the day I ordered it to the day it got to my house. Thomann is the best site to order anything to do with music. The box it came in had bags full of air (no damage whatsoever), and the guitar was tuned in standard tuning so its ready for action!

The Ibanex GRG170DX has 24 medium frets a rosewood fretboard, basswood body, and a maple neck. It has a very stylish Strat shape and the body is shiny and smooth. There are 3 pick-ups. One on the bridge, one on the neck and one in the middle. You can select different combinations of the pick-ups with a 5-way selector switch. There's also tone and volume knobs. When you buy it you will find a very nice gig bag (which has a lot of pockets) a strap, a cable about 2m long and some tools.